Chapter Thirty-seven: Misunderstanding.

Mia's POV........

"Amber, can you please get the door?" Michelle asks.

Michelle, Amber and I are in our apartment, scattered around the living room.

I'm lying on the couch, reading 'Divine Evil' by Nora Roberts, to distract the thoughts of what happened three nights ago. Michelle is sitting on the floor, texting someone with her phone and Amber had just left for the kitchen to get something.

We just heard the door bell ring.

"Sure" Amber says.

I see her walk towards the door.

Few minutes later......

"What's taking her so long?" Michelle asks.

"No idea." I say.

"Amber!! What's going on?!!" Michelle asks.

We get no reply from Amber.

"Who'd be at the door?" Michelle asks.

"I'm gonna go check." I say as I dog-ear the page I'm reading so not to miss it whenever I wanna get back to it. I stand from the couch.

Reaching closer to the door, I hear Amber muttering something to someone I don't know.

I open the door.

I see Jace standing in front of Amber.

"I need to......Mia...." Jace utters after he looks away from Amber....up to me.

What's he doing here???

"I told him to leave but he wouldn't." Amber says.

"Why're you here?" I ask Jace coldly.

"Umm......there's.....there's something important I need to tell you." Jace says.

"I told you she....."

I interrupt Amber by giving her a low tap on the shoulder.

"What's it?" I ask Jace.

"My uncle......Professor Harris wants to see us.....in his office. It may be something concerning the sessions we had." Jace says.

Why now?

Why not when things were cool between me and Jace?

And I can't ignore Professor Harris....

"Okay. Be there in less than an hour. You can go." I say coldly.

I turn to walk back inside the apartment.

"Uh....he said we should come together." Jace says.

I pause and look at him.

Why together????

"I'll be out in few minutes. Come on, Amber." I say as I finally walk into the apartment with Amber behind me.

*************
Jace's POV......

"I'll be out in few minutes. Come on, Amber." Mia says as she walks into the apartment. Amber follows her.

"I'll just wait out here....for you..." I say not minding that Mia had already gone into the apartment.

My uncle had asked to see Mia and I at his office. He said he wanna thank Mia for tutoring me. I came to her apartment to let her know but her friend, Amber, kept trying to send me away. She said Mia is still not ready to see or speak to me. It's been like three days now that Mia hasn't spoken to me. Amber advised me to stop calling or texting her so not to get on her nerves more and I've been doing my very best not to do so. It's been really hard though.