Chapter Forty-one:"She's left......"

Mia's POV.......

"I miss you, mom." I say to my mom over the phone.

I had called her.

"I miss you too, sweetie. When are you coming home? You said you'd come this summer, right?"

"Yes, mom. I'll be coming home very soon."

"When?"

"I'll tell you later."

"Okay. Do tell me so I can make your favorite meal before you get here, okay?"

"Sure"

I suddenly hear a masculine say something to my mom.

"Mom, do you have someone over? Who's that?"

"Uh....well....I don't know"

"Mom....."

"Is that your daughter? Lemme say hello." The masculine voice says.

Who could it be?

"Not now...."

"Mom, what's going on? Who's that?"

"Okay.....I do have someone over....for dinner but I can't tell you who it is."

"Mom, come on."

"You'll meet him when you come home."

"Ugh....fine"

"I can't wait to see you, my baby girl."

"I can't wait to see you too, mom. I should leave you to have dinner with your guest."

"I guess that's what you should do."

"Okay then, bye Mom.....love you."

"Love you too, sweetheart."

The call ends, leaving a huge smile on my face.

Hearing my mom's voice had always made me feel really happy. Just for few minutes, I had forgotten about all that has been going on with me here. I really can't wait to get to Boston and get my mind off all the heartbreaking incidents that has happened to me here in LA.

************************************
"Amber, can I talk to you for a sec?" Standing by the door of Amber's room, I ask.

"Yeah....sure.....come in and sit." Amber says.

"Thanks"

I walk towards the reading desk and pull out the chair.

I move the chair closer to where Amber is sitting on her bed and sit.

"So....what is it?" Amber asks.

"I need to be in Boston by tomorrow or next." I say.

"What? Why?" Amber asks.

"I wanna go visit my dad with my mom. In three days, it's gonna be exactly two years since my dad passed away. My mom must've gone to his grave alone last year, I wanna go with her this year." I say.

"Ohh.....that's right. We can go together....lemme start packing." Amber says.

"No, Amber. Our initial agreement was this weekend, you don't need to go against the agreement like I'm gonna do." I say.

"We all are going against the agreement already, Mia. The incidents of the past few days already did that. After what happened with Michelle, I knew that's no way our plan to go to Boston together and make this summer better than any other, would work.....unless any miracle happened and we got back together again. There's no way that agreement can happen now, I haven't even heard any word from Michelle since after she left the apartment. Let's just go to Boston." Amber says.