Chapter Twenty-eight:"....you've got me"

Mia's POV........

"Hey, babe." I hear Jace's voice say from behind me, startling me.

I'm walking out of the campus to meet my friends in our Jeep so we could proceed to our workplace. Today's lectures are over.

"Jeez! Jace!!" I yell with my hand on my chest.

"What?" Jace asks.

"You scared me." I say.

"Did I?" Jace asks, putting one of his hands around my waist.

"Yes, you did and take your hand off my waist." I say as I remove Jace's hand from my waist.

"Oh...come on. We're a couple now so I've the right to put my hand on any part of your body I want. Do you know how long I've waited for this?" Jace asks rhetorically.

"You've the right to put your hand anywhere, huh? Get ready to have each and every one of your bones broken." I say.

"Okay.....that's scary but you know you don't have to be this way about me holding you like that." Jace says.

"You can't blame me for that. I'm new to this stuff as you know." I say.

"That's why you should allow it so you can get used to it in no time." Jace says.

He puts his hand around my waist again.

I try to remove his hand but he says "Hold still, Mia. You'll get used to it."

I quit trying to take his hand off and continue walking.

This is not so comfortable....

"So.....where're you off to....lemme guess, to the Jeep where your friends are." Jace says.

"Yep....though I'm not sure if the both of them are there already." I say.

"Okay....so when do we get to discuss about our dates?" Jace asks.

"Dates?" I ask.

"Yeah...dates. Now that our romantic relationship is official, we should go on official dates." Jace says.

"You say official dates as if we've gone on any date." I say.

"Of course, we've been going on dates. What do you think our hangouts were?" Jace asks.

I pause and look at Jace.

"They were hangouts, Jace. Friends hangouts, remember?" I ask.

"Well.....to you, not me. They were more like low-key dates." Jace says.

I scoff and continue walking.

"I don't think we should be talking about dates now that exams are in like three weeks or even less. We won't have the time for that." I say.

"We can make out time for it....just like two hours after your work tonight." Jace says.

"You want us to go on a date tonight?" I ask.

"Yeah.....I understand you may be  tired after working so tonight can just be a low-key one, like the others we've been going on." Jace says.

"Gosh, you're unbelievable." I say.

"I'm taking that as a yes." Jace says.

"It's not....."

Jace interrupts me.

"I'm gonna have dinner at the restaurant. I hope you're gonna be the one to attend to me." Jace says with a smile.

"Jace, seriously?" I ask.