Chapter Forty-eight: Engagement and birthday party II

Mia's POV.....

"Excuse me, ma'am. Please, is this the Johnsons' home? A friend gave me an address and this seems to be it." I hear a masculine voice say.

"Yes, this is it...."

Wait.......

This voice sounds so familiar, doesn't it?

Like so.....so.....so familiar....

I quickly lift my head to see the person.

What the fuck!!!!

"Jace?" I call out, lifting myself off the railing, wide-eyed.

"Mia?" Jace calls back.

Okay, I'm confused right now....how's he here?

Could I be seeing things?

Have the thoughts about him driven me to start hallucinating too??

How's this even possible?

I must be dreaming....

Wake up, Mia!!!!

"Jace...." I call out again.

"Mia...." He calls back.

My feet suddenly feels frozen that I'm unable to move an inch, my heart hammering inside my chest.

I can't believe what I'm seeing right now. Jace is right in front of me. We're literally looking at each other.

"Hey.....Mia....I had no idea you're out here." I hear Michelle say from behind me.

I'm too shocked to say anything right now.

"Jace, I'm glad you made it." Michelle says.

"Yes, thank you so much. I wouldn't have made it without your help." Jace says.

Did she know about this?

"You're welcome." Michelle says.

I still can't stop staring at Jace in disbelief.

"Hello.....Mia." Jace says.

"I guess I've a little explanation to do..."

"Michelle have you seen....Mia....Jace?" Amber says, interrupting what Michelle was gonna say.

"Hi, Amber." Jace says.

"What's going on here? How're you here? How's it possible?" Amber asks.

"Lemme explain. I only wanted to set things right since I'm the one that ruined it all in the first place. I had reached out to Jace and helped him with the things I could after he had told me that he wanted to come to Boston and sort things out with Mia. I had planned with him to fly here tonight and show up at your birthday party. I'm sorry I didn't mention it earlier but it's supposed to be a surprise and I hope you like it, Mia. This is also to say that I'm really sorry for tearing you and Jace apart." Michelle says.

"Oh...Michelle...." Amber utters.

With little tears clustering in my eyes, I slowly move my legs down the stairs of the porch.

I'm happy to see Jace here but I don't know what to say to him. Looking at him now, I feel more ashamed of myself. I was the one who ignored him for no good reason and yet he's the one who found his way to me, in a way I never imagined.

I slowly step down the stairs, walking towards Jace.

I see him slowly coming closer too.

I stop walking 'cause Jace and I are now few meters away from each other.