Chapter Forty-nine:"You're staying here."

I open my eyes to figure out that I had dozed off with my head on Jace's chest, his hand wrapped around my shoulder and my hand resting on his chest too.

I've never woken up next to Jace before now.

It doesn't feel bad at all....but I shouldn't be waking up, all cuddled up with my boyfriend, at least not in my mom's house.

I need to be sure she's okay with my relationship with Jace since she already seems to know about it.

I still don't know how she knows about it though.

"Babe, you awake?" I hear Jace ask.

He's awake......

I had no idea.....

"Oh.....yeah. I'm really sorry, I didn't know when I fell asleep on your chest." I say, trying to lift my head off Jace's chest.

Jace pulls me closer, making my head fall back on his chest.

"It's okay. You don't apologize for waking up like this." Jace says.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"Don't you like us waking up like this, in a cuddle?" Jace asks.

"Well....I do like it. It feels nice." I say.

"Yeah.....I wish it could be like this, every day." Jace says.

"You know that's not possible. It's not like we're married or anything." I say.

"But we could make it possible, you know." Jace says.

I lift my head and look at Jace.

"Seriously Jace?" I ask.

"Seriously." Jace says with a smirk.

I take the nearest pillow and hit it on Jace's chest.

"Ouch! What was that for?" Jace asks, sitting up on the bed.

"Actually, I don't know why I just did that." I say.

Jace scoffs.

I smirk in return.

"You're adorable when you smirk like that." Jace says.

"Dude, don't flatter me. Thanks though." I say.

"Well.....as adorable as you may be and as tempting as it may be to cuddle a little more, I should get going." Jace says.

"Get going where?" I ask.

"To a hotel. I already planned to stay at a hotel for few days before flying back to London." Jace says.

"Why hotel?" I ask.

"I can't possibly stay here. This is your family house. Your mom may seem cool with me showing up here but will she be cool with me staying here?" Jace asks rhetorically.

"Right.....but I could speak to my mom about it. I could ask her to let you stay here for a while. At least till it's time for you to fly back to London....."

"Mia.....I should go."

"Aww.....but we just got back together. We should spend some more time with each other. If you fly back to London, I won't be seeing you till next semester which is still months away by the way."

"We're gonna spend some more time together. If you or your mom wouldn't mind, I'm gonna be dropping by to see you. We could even hangout or do some other things. There's nothing to worry about, okay?"

"Fine. This is so heartbreaking." I say.

Jace chuckles at me. He plants a kiss on my forehead and stands from the bed.