Chapter Seventeen:"Tell her the fucking truth!"

Mia's POV......

"Okay, here we're." I say as we reach the front of Jace's apartment.

I had to walk him home since he said Idris isn't available to do so. I planned to call him a taxi. I didn't want him to walk to his place on his own with whatever happened to him earlier.

I feel like what happened earlier had something to do with what happened yesterday. I remember Idris telling me that Jace could barely breathe and he was basically gasping for breathe earlier.

"Yeah" says Jace.

"Okay then. Go in rest. I'll get going now." I say.

"Wait....are you not gonna come in?" Jace asks.

"No. Why would I?" I ask.

" 'Cause I want you to. You should at least have a glass of water before leaving. You must be thirsty." Jace says.

"Well....I'm not really thirsty so......"

Jace interrupts me.

"Mia, please. I insist."

"Fine. A glass of water wouldn't hurt after all." I say.

Jace smiles at me. We move to the door and Jace unlocks it.

Inside the apartment.......

"Welcome to a part of my world." Jace says.

The place looks nice though. The walls are painted in gray. I follow Jace to the living room.

"Make yourself at home. I'll get you a glass of water." Jace says.

"No. It's alright. I'll get it myself, just show me where." I say.

"Mia, whatever that happened to me can't prevent me from getting a glass of water. Just sit down lemme go get it. You're my guest after all." Jace says.

"Fine, I'll leave you to it." I say.

Jace gives me a little smile and starts walking towards the refrigerator in the kitchen.

I sit on the gray couch nearest to me.

"Here you go" Jace says, handing me a glass of cool water.

"Thanks" I say. I gulp down like half of the water.

"You're welcome." Jace says as he sits beside me.

"Your apartment looks nice." I say as I lean forward to the glass table to keep my glass of water.

"Yeah. Idris chose it." Jace says.

"He seem to have good eyes." I say.

"He does have good eyes." Jace says.

"Can I ask you something?" I ask.

"Yeah....sure. What is it?" Jace asks.

"Whatever that happened to you at the campus, is it connected to what happened to you yesterday?" I ask.

"Uh.....kinda. I think it's the same panic attack from yesterday." Jace says.

"Why's it happening to you?" I ask.

"I don't know." Jace says.

"Does it have anything to do with your condition?" I ask.

"Mia....I...I don't know. I don't really wanna talk about the tragic moment I had earlier today." Jace says.

"Okay, I won't talk about it." I say.

I guess he's still trying to hide whatever is wrong with him 'cause I know he's definitely hiding something.