Chapter Twenty-two:"It's......"

Mia's POV.......

"Phew....thank goodness tonight's work is over." Amber says.

Thank goodness indeed.....

Amber, Michelle and I are just stepping out of the restaurant. We're done working.

"Yeah. Tonight was definitely not an easy one." Michelle says.

"You guys do realize that tonight was nothing compared to the others. Tonight wasn't busy at all." I say.

"You know....I've thinking of the reason why I dislike people like you. Nothing ever seems hard for any of your kind." Michelle says.

"Well....you've got it all wrong." I say.

"You can say that again." Michelle says.

"Guys, what do you think about getting snacks?" Amber asks.

"Snacks? We already have some at home." I say.

"I mean...something more like cake, pie and the rest. I'm not really in the mood for Cheetos or Pringles." Amber says.

"Oh....that's not a bad idea. I wanna eat cake so bad that I dreamt of it last night." Michelle says.

"Okay then, let's get cake." I say.

"We should get drinks too." Amber says.

"We still have juices at home." I say.

"Yeah, right." Amber says.

"Let's go. I'm driving." Michelle says.

"Sure." I say.

"No problem with that." Amber says.

We start walking towards our Jeep that's parked just across the road.

"Mia...." I hear Jace's voice call out just as me and my friends are about to cross over to the other side. I turn to see him some inches beside me with Idris behind him.

"Jace" I call out in return as usual.

"Can we please talk?" Jace asks.

"I'm sorry but I'm too tired to talk. I'm on my way home as you can see so if you'll excuse me." I say.

Just as I proceed walking towards the Jeep with Michelle and Amber, I feel my hand being held.

He's doing it again.

"We're just gonna wait in the car...."
"I'm just gonna go...."

Michelle, Amber and Idris says at the same time. They glance at each other in surprise before they slowly start walking away.

"Please, Mia....just give me a chance to properly apologize for what I did." Jace pleads.

"I don't need any apology but I do need to go home and rest so let me go." I say sternly. I release my hand from Jace's grip and start walking to catch up with Michelle and Amber.

"It's anxiety disorder." Jace says, causing me to pause walking and turn back to him.

What did he say just now??

"What?" I question.

"My condition.....it's anxiety disorder. I have anxiety disorder." Jace says.

Why's he telling me this now that I wanna go home?

Now I can't just ignore him and continue my journey to the car.

That'd be very rude of me....

"If you'll please spare me some of your time, I'll tell you everything. How it started, why I've been acting the way I've been acting.....everything you wanna know. Please, Mia." Jace says.