Chapter Fifty-two: Mia and Jace.

"We should go. It must be pretty urgent for her to call." Amber says.

My friends, Jace and I are currently at the party Amber's brother had invited us to. We've been here for like an hour.

My mom had just called me, saying that she needs help with something at home.

"Yeah, we should." Michelle says.

"I don't think the four of us should go at the same time." Jace says.

"I'll go. You guys should just stay here and enjoy the party. Whatever my mom called for may not take too long so I can just go and come back in no time." I say.

"What if it's not something you can handle on your own?" Amber asks.

"Right. What should we do? We're running out of time." I say.

"Uh....how about you and Jace go? Who knows, it may be something a guy needs to handle." Michelle says.

"Yes. You two should go." Amber says.

"Okay, then. Let's go, Jace. We should hurry so we can get back here." I say to Jace.

"Fine. We're taking my car." Jace says.

"Be right back, guys." I say, taking Jace by his arm and proceeding to walk away.

"Sure." Amber and Michelle says almost at the same time.

************************************
"Thank you so much, you two. I can't imagine what would've happened if you two didn't show up when you did." My mom says.

Jace and I had just helped my mom to fix the stuff she had called for.

We're now standing in the living room, close to the front door.

"It's nothing, ma'am." Jace says.

"Yes, mom. It's nothing. It's not like it's something we shouldn't do." I say.

"I'm sorry for having to drag you out of your wonderful party." My mom says.

"It's really nothing, mom. So, you're gonna sleepover at Mr. Richards'?" I ask.

"Yeah. He needs me there tonight. I've got something I need to help him with, but I'll be back before lunch tomorrow." My mom says.

"Okay. I guess it's a good night from here." I say.

"Yeah. Thanks once again, you two. You should go back to the party now. You guys should make sure not to stay out too late. I may not be around but I'm gonna be keeping tabs on y'all." My mom says.

"Okay, mom." I say.

"Jace, I trust you to take good care of the girls since you're the only boy among them. Please, see that you and the girls are home before 11. I don't want you guys staying out too late." My mom says.

"I'll make sure of that, ma'am." Jace says.

"Alright, I'll get going now. Bye, children." My mom says.

She gives Jace and I pecks on our cheeks before proceeding to leave the house.

"Bye, mom."

"Have a good night, ma'am." Jace says, right before my mom closes the door behind her.

"Well, we should get back to your friends now." Jace says.

"Yeah....but before that...." I take Jace's hand and start pulling him towards the stairs.

"Woah....where are you pulling me to?" Jace asks.

"I've got something to show you." I say.

"Okay." Jace says.