𝟶𝟷 | 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚂𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚂𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚄n𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠𝚗

What the hell happened? Was a consistent thought plaguing Leonora even as she developed into her teenage years, that very day on her 11th birthday haunted her waking breaths and tormented her sleepless nights

What the hell happened? Was a consistent thought plaguing Leonora even as she developed into her teenage years, that very day on her 11th birthday haunted her waking breaths and tormented her sleepless nights. If the occurrence were so mundane she wouldn't bat an eye, however the same occurrence happened on her 12th birthday as well as  her 13th. Leonora was starting to fear for her health as well as that same steel door that hid away her nightmares and fears, she started avoiding any conversation relating her fathers work as It always filled her with a feeling of dread and terror. The habit of getting faint every now and then was not the most un-usual, however Leonora knew it should not be a daily occurence either, just thinking about the lab made her get similar symptoms causing her to develop a severe fear of needles and any lab related involvements.

Due to the mystery of her sudden decrease in good health, Leonora's father bid her from venturing out to the woods or going where her father did not deem safe as well as, even going as far as to bed-rid her for days. However, unfortunately at the age of 15 is when Leonora takes a play at deaths dare.

A beautiful brown-curled teen walked out of her bathroom after brushing her teeth in hopes of visiting some close villages for some new books when she started to become overwhelmed with a great feeling of great heat. Sweat started building up on her skin, her mouth and throat felt drier than ever, constricting her airways to a dry desert. Struggling to breathe, Leonora rushed downstairs to where she knew her father was located. "Can't breathe well.." she managed to squeeze out in wheezes. Marco on high alert, rushed her to his lab and hooked her on an oxygen tank located in her bedroom for a similar environment . Leonora during her fight with breathing felt the prickling sensation of her weekly injection that her father would give her to hopefully aid her back to health - it would work for a while however every now and then Leonora would have sudden attacks and breathless episodes causing Marco to be consistently working to find a 'cure' for his daughter.

Ever since that day the now 17 year old had been isolated to a bed and become reliant on an oxygen tank as well as multiple injections to increase red-blood cell production - thus, increasing oxygen to the lungs. Her days fade away spent reading and watching the clock go round, the brightness in her life be only the words illustrated on the pages as it gives her a sense of pride knowing that she use to walk the very earth she reads about, despite her  believing that she will never walk it - possibly never see it again in a few years. She was proud of how far she fought for her days and how much she worked for savouring every breath.

Her father, Marco wastes away in his lab desperately trying to find a cure for his daughter, only seeing her when it's time for her daily dosage or uptake of oxygen. Leonora envies her father, for he gets to make memories with the time he has, he's able to feel the grass between his fingertips, the wind brushing against his hair - but instead he rots away in an underground lab surrounded by his machinery and deadly substance. For that she resents him. It was no big revelation that Leonora and Marco Matisse had a straining relationship however, throughout her illness he became, in ways, a trigger for Leonora - for she would only see him when she needs another injection or oxygen tank. So Leonora automatically associated her father with diseases and illness. Seeing him as a bad omen.