𝟶𝟸6 | 𝙽𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚖𝚊𝚛𝚎𝚜

≫ ──────── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──────── ≪026 | Nightmares

026 | Nightmares

WIND WHISTLED AROUND HER BOUND FRAME, her knees digging into the cold, wet ground. Leonora's head was wretched back as fingers tightly clasped her hair. The echoes of laughter surrounded and corrupted her ears, yet she could see no cause.

Leonora tried to whip her head around for the laughs, yet the cold calloused fingers continued to tighten her bounds. The sounds of laughter, once again, called out - taunting her.

"You think he'll actually miss you?"  A venomous voice whispered from behind Leonora causing goosebumps to bleach her skin due to the sheer fear that streaked up her spine.

"You think they keep you around other than to use you?" At each syllable spoken, branches of panic and fear courses through Leonora.

She was immobile, fear-stricken - paused in time. She dared not to speak for she feared the torment would dig deeper within her soul.  Closing her eyes, Leonora tried to banish her mind from this place, thinking of the man she so cherished back home. The soft caressing of his fingertips against her arms, the soft circling of his hands around her waist. His soft smile whenever she grace his presence, the dimples the adorned his cheeks, the sof-

"Don't be so delusional." A knowing voice sounded from infront of her, prompting Leonora to open her eyes. The sights of the very man she was thinking about blessed her, the fear slowly decreasing only for it to shoot up at the dangerous look casted upon his face.

Klaus Mikaelson stood infront of Leonora, a dark gleam within his eyes as he looked to the kneeling girl with disgust. "It's quite pathetic. This all powerful being in control of time and space holding on to the glimmer of hope that her hero would arrive."  She saw him take slow, threatening steps towards her.

"Wake up Leonora. All I have ever been, and all I ever will be... is a villain. Klaus Mikaelson, the great evil. You're a lovesick fool to see past all the things i've done."  He continued to taunt.

Pain encased Leonora's chest, her already kneeling figure slumping down even more. The hand grasping her hair yanked her up to a standing position, keeping her rugged figure at bay.

She tried to see past the devil fore-shining in his eyes, to see the kind and caring hybrid only she gets to see. However, the devil only pierced her lungs, ridding the oxygen from the depths of her soul. Each step Klaus took invited the taunting laughs of Kol, Elijah, Rebekah and Finn - who she now knew was holding her hostage.

The realisation bombarded her mind, the judgement fading away from the corrupted clouds. In her moment of weakness, Leonora delved into the taunts, the fear, the pain. Yet, as the realisation became real, the mirages of her beloved - and Finn, collapsed.