𝟶𝟷𝟻 | 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙴𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝙷𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢

≫ ──────── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──────── ≪015 | The End of History

015 | The End of History

"Your father was a multi-millionaire?" Rebekah questioned, impressed. She was currently leaning over Leonora to read the screen and was shocked to find her bestfriends father to be of a great succession.

However, Leonora wasn't so impressed. "Didn't even know it. Guy spent all his time at home at in the lab." She printed off the paper and stuck it onto her theory board. "There was a lot I didn't know about my father." She sadly muttered.

She had never bothered to look into her family name considering she didn't consider it a 'family'. They were just two smart people living in the same house. She knew her father was of success considering his ability to own a literal lab in the basement, but she didn't believe him to be a creator of one of the biggest successful business back in the 50s.

Nor was she ever going to bother, she left all that a long time ago. But with the sudden appearance of her deceased mother and revelation of a twin brother. She had to dig down her own grave and explore the life she had buried deep down.

"So we're trying to find your brother? And to find your brother we're going through your fathers stuff?" Rebekah said with a confused tone, she didn't understand why they were looking into her father when they were looking for her brother. "Because my father was a scientist. He would have documented everything. If I find his documents I can find his life's work and clues about my missing relative."

Rebekah glanced to Leonora with a knowing look. "Your brother." The time-traveller nodded. "Yeah, my relative. I need to find out more, feel free to stay or go, I don't mind." She missed the sad look Rebekah threw at her, for the Original knew what she was doing.

Rebekah knew she was disassociating herself with her supposed 'twin brother' because she doesn't believe it. Despite her mother being the one to tell her, Leonora still didn't believe that all her life she had gone naive to the knowledge of a blood relative. So she was treating this as though it were any of piece of information instead of a missing persons case. It saddened Rebekah because she knew how lonely she has felt. All her life, walking the earth by herself, welcoming era and era with open arms and yet. She was alone in it all.

Her mother had died, her father was mentally absent, leading her to grow up independent and self-reliant. She couldn't make any long-term friends because she never belonged in the time period. Leonora has never even belonged to a specific species because what she is was never meant to exist. No family, no friends, no species to relate with. She was truly and utterly by herself.

Even now, Leonora isolates herself within her own work and mind. She eliminates any possible chance of a bond because she's never had one before, she's only ever had herself. Which is why Leonora treasures the little friendships that she has because it's her first time gaining something like that before.