𝟶𝟹2 | 𝚆𝚑𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝙸𝚝 𝚃𝚊𝚔𝚎𝚜

≫ ──────── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──────── ≪31 | 𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐈𝐭 𝐓𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬2009, Time Travel

31 | 𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐈𝐭 𝐓𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬
2009, Time Travel

WAITING.  That had been the embodiment of Leonora Matisse as she watched everyone go about their lives, unknowing of the revengful omen that lingered over their shoulder. The stalker that covered their steps in her own grieved footsteps, and listened in to the whispers hushed through the phone - un-desiring of strangers ears.

Months had passed and everywhere Alaric Saltzman waltzed, Leonora darkened his path with her presence. She had witnessed the unveiling of events such as, his interview as a teacher for the Mystic Falls highschool, his nights of despair as he wept over his lost wife, and his rosened cheeks as he gazed upon Jenna, the stand-in parent for the Gilbert children.

Leonora walked the cursed soil of Mystic Falls, wandering the streets as though she were a mere whisper in the wind. Plagued by her own determination, as she witnessed events unfolding that she had the misfortune of missing. Such as, Katerina Petrova, known as Katherine Pierce, descend her rain of pain upon the residents of Mystic Falls. Despite being there for the vampire doppelgängers moment of downfall bestowed upon her by Klaus, Leonora had not engaged herself with the emotions of caring for the petty motives of Katherine.

Throughout her moments of isolation, Leonora had not once calmed the raging hellfire that soared her cold heart and burned her veins .Each blink of her eyes, the sights of the illuminated fire dancing its journey over the scarred skin of Klaus Mikaelson bombarded her mind. Each breath Alaric inhaled, each rise of his chest, the bubbling pit of sorrow grew into a shadow that loomed over her.

Yet, her determnation never despaired, never faded. For, throughout all the discrete glances, or soft lingering brushes of their skin against one another. Klaud and Leonora never spoke outloud. They shared their emotions, their pain and affections through the raging waves of Klaus's blue eyes, or the depths of shadows that breathed in Leonora's eyes.

The things she will do just to utter the words of love for the man she couldn't save.

Currently Leonora leant against a building, still invisible, as she lingered by Alaric and Jenna putting up a sign for the 'Mystic Falls Annual Founder's Day Fundraiser'. The man had the Gilbert Ring securely tightened around his finger, in belief of it being a last gift from his late wife - Isobel.

"I don't know. It's just weird, you know, me being raffled off like a Disney Cruise." Alaric spoke to Jenna.

"In this town, fundraising is like indentured servitude. You don't have a choice. Besides, you're a bachelor, and you're eligible, so there you go." Jenna replied.

Leonora placed a hand over her eyes as she watched Alaric swell in confidence and assist Jenna with her string of the sign, the two exchanging shy smiles before Alaric leant in - capturing Jenna's lips in his.