𝟶𝟸1 | 𝙿𝚊𝚒𝚗

≫ ──────── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──────── ≪
021 | Pain

LEONORA GROANED AS HER BREATHING WAS DAMPENED, A WARMTH PRESSING AGAINST HER MOUTH

LEONORA GROANED AS HER BREATHING WAS DAMPENED, A WARMTH PRESSING AGAINST HER MOUTH. She lifted a painful arm up and pushed against the force, however it kept coming back more urgently. A hot liquid ran down her teeth, but she didn't welcome the taste, spitting it out and allowing it to dribble down the side of her mouth.

Finally opening her eyes, she came across blue eyes staring at her with worry. Leonora closed her eyes at the harsh glare of light and attempted to move her arms, but she was tortured with an agonising pain erupting in her arms.

She laid her arms back down by her waist, her eyes closing again. But, once again, she was shook, muffled words trying to escape the ringing within her ears. Arms grabbed onto her and she was pulled onto a soft surface, however she paid no mind as all she could focus on was the exploding ache within her mind and body.

Leonora peered through her lids at the figure above her, suddenly becoming conscious of the possibility that the masked man could be back. Mustering up all her survival instincts into strength, she teleported to a stand position and threw a knife at the still blurry figure.

Swaying on her feet, she watched as the man sped away from the knife and out of her sights. Adrenaline filled her core as she grabbed the knife with two shaky hands, harsh breaths erupted from her chest as she surveyed the room.

Holding the knife out in front of her with shakes, she spun around, coming face to face with the blurry figure. She advanced on them with slurred steps, swiping the knife through the air much slower than she had hoped. However, she was still pumped with survival adrenaline so the knife managed to nick the figure.

Stumbling back into a table, she held the knife out threateningly and muttered weakly. "S..tay back." Her head was lolling to the side, feeling dizzy at the sudden movements after laying down for so long.

The figure put their arms up in a cautious stance and tried to advance towards her with slow and small steps. However, Leonora was not in the right mind-set. Her vision was blurry, betraying her at every object, her hearing had attacked with a harsh, piercing ring - and her body was still adapting to the previous attack she endured.

Lifting the knife higher, she gritted her teeth, trying to threaten the figure as they abruptly stopped and opened their mouths. Leonora strained her ears, trying to hear, the knife slowly lowering.

"Le-" Her hearing betrayed her as the ringing sound drummed on, only allowing her to hear the first part. Furrowing her eyebrows, she strained harder. "Leono-"