𝟶𝟸 | 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙵𝚒𝚛𝚜𝚝 𝙺𝚒𝚕𝚕

Naive

Naive. That's all Leonora felt through the 9 months that her and her father studied  her new 'gifted' biology. She felt disappointment within herself, for she had always upheld herself for knowing the unknowable, always seeing 3 steps ahead. But no matter how many books she indulged in until 2am or how many hours she spent revising the complex laws that make up our Earth today, she never truly knew. Upon the revelation that greater power can be obtained by even the most defeated of souls, Leonora was in a constant state of frenzy. The undeniable knowledge that a 'higher power' exists and is being shielded away from the public eye, everything she once knew was put to test. The possibility that all the fairytales she read to herself at night may be true and lurking in the depths of the darkness. It excited her.

But she was also cautious for she was one of those 'gifted' with a higher power and suddenly she had to be over-observant of every little action she does in fear she might blow something up or disintegrate objects in close proximity.

9 months, Leonora - a now 18 year old woman, and her father, Marco, spent every waking hour questioning every detail in existence. They were overwhelmed with knowledge and a desire to understand the impossible. Leonora, throughout their discoveries, had grown exponentially in power and control - it was first discovered the she had the ability to move an object from one spot to another without touching it. Teleporting. She worked day and night to control this as her father was afraid she may teleport herself to an unknown location - and over time, Leonora could obtain objects from different rooms with a single thought and blue hue of her fingers. She felt powerful after months of torment. Her health had returned to normal conditions as well as her outer appearance seeming to glow. Her hair was a full long auburn, her cheeks full and flushed and her frame had obtained strength along with a height of 5,5.

However as she got better, the already draining relationship with her father was hitting the rocks. Throughout their time in the lab, Marco grew over-excited and intent on learning more about her. It became to the point that all he saw in his daughter was the power he created, she was his experiment. No longer did he see Leonora as a miracle birthed by his dear late wife, nor did he see his Beatrice in her eyes like he use to. He didn't resent her anymore, for she was no longer a human-being in his perspective. And Leonora knew he felt this way, the mischievous glint in his eyes questioning when he next got to study her impressive cell structures. He held Leonora on such a high mental pedestal, believing she would quench his thirst for knowledge and power - he became insufferable to her. Leonora felt like a lab rat in the presence of her own blood father.

    【--------------】

"Today marks the 167th log for project 'Teleporting, Time Manipulation', TTM if you will. Uh, oh the date today being October 24th 1988 - Leonora is currently 18 and has obtained the ability of teleportation. I will continue to study this power as I believe it is not the singular power she was gifted. Okay! Leonora, honey step in the room please.. thank you." Marco said into the set-up camera that he uses to document his discoveries and experiments. Leonora did as her father usually asked her, mockingly reciting the same words he said every mark log.