018 | 𝙾𝚛𝚒𝚐𝚒𝚗𝚜

LEONORA AND KLAUS WALKED INTO THE GRILL, THE TWO FINDING A SECLUDED AREA OF THE BAR

LEONORA AND KLAUS WALKED INTO THE GRILL, THE TWO FINDING A SECLUDED AREA OF THE BAR. As they sat down, Klaus didn't waste no time in taking out his phone and dialling a number. Leonora only heard his part of the conversation, however she could understand the mere topic of it based on his smirk.

"How's life on the road?" Klaus questioned on the phone, his leg was suddenly nudged as he saw the female sitting across from him was frowning. He tilted his head at her and nudged her back before continuing his phone call. "Well there is one good aspect of this horrific town. There's no need. I've been making friends with the town's civil servants." She scoffed out a laugh at his words.

Klaus nudged her with his foot again, signalling her to stay quiet. "There's a deputy who's awfully chatty, but useful nonetheless. Are you clear on what you need to do?" He heard the last words of his hybrid before he set his phone down.

"And what is up with you, love?" Klaus noticed her inability to sit still and her darting eyes across the bar.

Leonora turned back to the hybrid. "Do you think my father was a good man?" She didn't want to spring this up on him, considering she hadn't told the full origins of her life. But she needed an outside perspective to calm her thoughts.

Ever since she began to read the diary entries, she's been getting more and more confused on her opinion of her father. All he was, was a scared and confused man who's son wasn't acting as he had believed children to act. His son and wife were witches and he had no clue, the entirety of his experiments was to save Leonardo. Despite the horrifics of his ways, he was a father wanting to save his son - she can understand the sheer desperation a parent feels at the possible illness of a child.

"Where's this coming from?" Klaus was confused, she hadn't updated him with her brother search from a while now.

She tilted her head. "Well, I went to his lab couple of days ago after finding old articles about it. Turns out my father owned a multi-millionaire business dedicated to science. Didn't even tell me." Her tone turned bitter at the end.

Klaus furrowed his brows. "When was this?"  He questioned.

"Early 50s to mid 70s. Matisse enterprises is was called." At her words, Klaus nodded his head in realisation. "I have heard of it. News of a crazed man was the most popular during those times."

She leaned forward, eager to know more. "Well, when I was there, I found an underground lab cut off from the rest of the enterprise and found human experimentations within tubes. They looked to be rotting, it wasn't flattering." She pulled a disgusted face as she recollected the memory.

Klaus put his hand on her crossed ones. "Love, if your father was experimenting on people. You, being live evidence of it, then he clearly wasn't a good man."

Leonora shook her head, pulling her hand away and leaning back. "I understand that, but he was doing it to save Leonardo."

Klaus assumed her twin brothers name to be Leonardo and so he did not question it, however he was invested in the possible 'saving' he needed. "How so?"