𝟶𝟸3 | 𝚁𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚢

≫ ──────── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──────── ≪
023 | Reality

LEONORA FOLLOWED THE FOOTSTEPS OF HER ONCE DEAR FRIEND, BONNIE BENNET

LEONORA FOLLOWED THE FOOTSTEPS OF HER ONCE DEAR FRIEND, BONNIE BENNET. As each step collided with the concrete, the more anger simmered in within her Leonora's gut. But, she knew, everyone knew, that Bonnie Bennet was Leonora Matisse's weakness. For, she had held the witch the closest to her heart.

Bonnie Bennet was not just a witch to her. Oh, no, she was Leonora's confident, her un-related sister. Everything. When Leonora first entered the pits that was Mystic Falls and battled the great Mikael The Destroyer, she was alone - she had always been alone despite the little joys of the Originals. But as time passed and the 2000's entered, so did the respectable ages of the trio; Elena Gilbert, Bonnie Bennet and Caroline Forbes.

Leonora watched from afar as the wonderful teenage trio stormed their way through life, naive to their hidden shining knight in armour that had saved them that fateful night. She watched as the Salvatores corrupted the gullible Gilbert, she watched as the fighter that is Bonnie Bennet battle with her bestfriends strictly for the faith of humanity. And she watched as the bubbly blonde got transformed into the ever-lasting creature of the night. She was there for it all.

And yet... she had never felt so distant.

Despite being there for it all, she was never relied upon, never the first thought, never a priority. Leonora was used to the ache in her heart at the revelation, the corruptive pain morphing into nothing but a sticky- note upon a wall.

But then, the angel that is the Bennet girl, noticed her - actually noticed her. For, Bonnie had been observant, always watching, and had noticed the enigma that weaved her way through the crowd. She had been the one to conspire Leonora in the 'Mystic Falls Gang', relying upon her knowledge and never-seen-before abilities.

Over blood, sweat and tears, the two girls had become close. They relied upon one another, they laughed with one another, they cried with one another -They were each-others protectors.

Bonnie Bennet made life a little more mundane for Leonora Matisse.

Hence the reason why her heart had the familiar ache pumping through it at the revelation of her dearest friends betrayal. The understanding that she had soled Leonora out to the she-devil and didn't look back.  She had gotten used to the pain of loneliness, but betrayal was a whole other type of pain. She had never felt it, of course - For, she never had anyone. Her father had betrayed her, dropped her body on deaths door and asked for it back the very next day - just to throw her in the very same cycle. But, that was different to her. Leonora had never willingly given her father her loyalty, her love, because he was her family - she was his daughter. It was expected of anyone to love their father regardless. Yet she had willingly given Bonnie all that and more. She had entrusted Bonnie with her heart and in return she got it shattered.