⤷ 06| BILL AND FLEUR

CHAPTER SIXbill and fleur

CHAPTER SIX
bill and fleur

⋆. ────────── ꕥ ────────── .⋆

"I don't like this," June said, as they remained seated at the lantern-lit table.

"Me neither," Charlie said grimly.

Time seemed to pass by slowly, as June kept her eyes fixed on the Burrow—eager to know what was going on within its walls. Suddenly, raised voices were heard and it was Arthur and Molly who got into the sitting room before June could.

"We—we thought we heard—" Arthur began, looking thoroughly alarmed at the sight of Harry and the Minister virtually nose to nose.

"— raised voices," Molly panted.

Scrimgeour took a couple of steps back from Harry, glancing at the hole he had made in Harry's T-shirt. He seemed to regret his loss of temper.

"It—it was nothing," he growled. "I . . . regret your attitude." he said, looking Harry full in the face once more. "You seem to think that the Ministry does not desire what you—what Dumbledore desired. We ought to be working together."

"I don't like your methods, Miniser," Harry said. "Remember?" He raised his right fist and displayed the scars that still showed white on the back of it, spelling I must not tell lies. June suddenly had the urge to touch her own.

Scrimgeour's expression hardened. He turned away without another word and limped from the room. Molly hurried after him; June heard her stop at the back door. After a minute or so she called, "He's gone!"

"What did he want?" Arthur asked, looking around at Harry, Ron, and Hermione as Molly came hurrying back to them.

"To give us what Dumbledore left us," Harry said. "They've only just released the contents of his will."

Outside in the garden, over the dinner tables, the three objects Scrimgeour had given them were passed from hand to hand. Everyone exclaimed over the Deluminator and The Tales of Beedle the Bard and lamented the fact that Scrimgeour had refused to pass on the sword, but none of them could offer any suggestion as to why Dumbledore would have left Harry an old Snitch. As Arthur examined the Deluminator for the third or fourth time, Molly said tentatively, "Harry, dear, everyone's awfully hungry, we didn't like to start without you . . .
Shall I serve dinner now?"

They all ate rather hurriedly and then, after a hasty chorus of "Happy Birthday" and much gulping of cake, the party broke up. Hagrid, who was invited to the wedding the following day, but was far too bulky to sleep in the overstretched Burrow, left to set up a tent for himself in the neighboring field.