Chapter 1: Really, An NPC?

Opening my eyes, I was puzzled by what I saw. The surroundings were a bit different from what I knew. However, as I had just woken up and my judgment was still clouded due to being drowsy, it was difficult for me to think clearly.

"It really hurts my head to wake up, especially if I've slept past 3 AM in the morning."

I muttered to myself as I had just re-read the novel 'Overgeared' from the beginning all the way up to the latest chapter which was at 1,800. I had started reading it a week ago and I had just finished last night, so my eyes were still a little sore.

I closed my eyes for a while to allow my headache to fade. While my eyes were closed, I felt strange because it seemed as if my surroundings were moving and slightly bumpy.

Regaining my mind's clarity after a few seconds had passed, I swiftly opened my eyes and scanned the surroundings. To my surprise, I was at a loss for words and remained silent for a moment.

'Am I being kidnapped?'

As I looked around, realizing that my surroundings were not my own room, which I was familiar with, I noticed that the place was cramped yet a bit luxurious. It was decorated better than my simple room. Upon closer inspection, I realized that this thing around me was moving, and the word 'carriage' came to mind.

'Wait, a carriage?'

[It has been detected and determined that you are special among the Super Named Non-Player Characters.]

[Initializing system for Non-Player Character. Initial stages have been initialized. Modifying system for variant GB.]

[Identity confirmed. Current being has been identified as Lexus. Character has been fully examined. Information has been added to the system.]

[System fully updated. You can now access the system anytime.]

Suddenly, an influx of knowledge flowed into my mind. As it caught me off guard, I felt dizzy for a moment and unconsciously closed my eyes. Based on the information provided, I am the third prince of the Eternal Kingdom and am currently taking a visit to the royal palace in the Lubana Kingdom.

I am a prince, but my situation was a bit complicated. My identity and existence were not publicly revealed by the kingdom for a special reason I supposedly did not know about; this intrigued me and made me feel like it was cool and mysterious. This awakened my hidden chuuni persona.

Moreover, I was on my way home as my visit had been completed just hours earlier and I was apparently about to exit the palace's gates and return back to the Eternal Kingdom.

"Lubana? Eternal Kingdom?"

I absentmindedly muttered to myself; those words were familiar.

'Isn't that the two kingdoms in the novel!!!!'

Inwardly, I screamed in my mind. Then, I dazedly looked around, my mind processing numerous thoughts as something unexplainable had occurred.

'This is a dream, right?'

The thought that I was having a realistic dream where I had a clear consciousness, unlike the hazy one of being inside the novel, came to mind. Without my mind telling me to, I pinched my cheek and the pain woke me up.

'This is real?'

Feeling that there was a pain when it should not, I felt my heart was beating faster than it should be.

"Isn't this amazing?"

I couldn't help but chuckle in amusement. Transmigrating into the novel, was something great and not something to dislike or regret. Letting my curiosity get the better of me, I took a peek at the window of the royal carriage, being greeted by the vast blue sky far above me.