Chapter 6: Northern End Cave

'His movements...I can still see it.'

However, to Darius, whose stats were higher in both levels and agility, Lexus's speed seemed to fly just like a paper airplane. He lightly dodged and rushed towards Lexus, grabbing his sword and lightly stabbing him in the chest.

'I'll be on trouble!'

Seeing Darius, Lexus swiftly charged his way to him. He felt a sense of urgency, knowing that an incoming stab would be fatal to him. No matter how his stats increased, fighting a high-level opponent was difficult. But he was not giving up. His class was a legendary class; he could not let himself lose. If he gave up now, he would not be worthy of the Undefeated King's Successor class.

« Announcement. It is possible to connect to individual: Madra's ego. Will you allow to link Madra's ego to unique skill, Great Sage? [YES]/[NO]. »

He heard the voice of his cheat skill. It was sudden, but because he was feeling a sense of urgency, his senses were reacting violently, and he chose [YES].

Great Sage is essentially a google search. It allows him to search for information about whatever or whoever he asked as long as he had made contact to it just once. The problem was that it's limits is limited by the user's intelligence. If the user doesn't think to ask or think about something, potentially useful informations will never be answered.

Then, with the Great Sage's Link, a pretty interesting subskill that allows any soul or ego in his possession to open a connection with the Great Sage, allowing Lexus and whoever they are connected to— to communicate. In the case of Madra's ego, it allowed them to connect, even when Madra's ego was in the sheath, as long as the sheath was in Lexus' possession.

Apart from allowing them to communicate without anyone noticing, they could also obtain and share the latest information with one another along with the Great Sage. All of these details were inscribed on both Lexus and Madara.

「 Oho! So this was the reason why you became my successor without receiving my trial. Interesting. 」

As soon as the link was established, Great Sage provided Madra with the information pack he needed to know. Due to the link, he could now look at Lexus's status window and view all of his skills, something he had previously been unable to do without being in the sheath.

「 Great Sage and Plunderer...Two unique skills that I have never heard of before. Well this only makes it interesting. 」

Excluding the skills and the benefits that Lexus gained by becoming his successor, just with these two skills—Lexus' destiny to become a legend was already set in stone. The unique skills were just that great that even the Undefeated King's ego was impressed and thrilled about them. Having these two skills, talent could be completely disregarded altogether.

On Lexus' side, before the wooden sword reached his chest, he saw a swift message appear in his mind through telepathy from Madra.

「 You had interesting stuffs so pardon me for tinkering something for a bit, haha! 」

[The skill, 'Ember Combustion' has been upgraded with Madra's ego and unique skill 『Great Sage』 intervention and collaboration.]

[The skill, 'Sword of Ember' has been acquired.]

Unconsciously, Darius felt the searing heat, causing him to halt his attack and take a step back away from Lexus.

"..?!"

Darius widened his eyes as he looked at the flames that had emerged from the wooden sword in Lexus' hand. The flames seemed to concentrate on the edges of the wooden blade. Darius warily looked at the scorched wooden blade. He was surprised that it hadn't been burned to a crisp.