Chapter 7: Northern End Cave (2)

After entering the Northern End Cave and reaching the end of it, Lexus and the knights that escorted him were able to witness the overwhelming sight of all types of battle gear piled up like a mountain.

They had experienced the hardships of the cave, as the difficulty was very high; however, because the knights were somewhat competent, they were able to make it through without anyone dying, though some suffered grave injuries.

'Well I definitely saw someone in a distance that died on the trap so maybe that was Greed?'

As Lexus thought about this, it was mentioned in the novel that Greed had experienced all the hardships, deaths, and many of his Items were destroyed within the Northern End Cave. Looking around, the names of the brilliant battle gear were in a colorful mix of green, yellow, and purple. If a person were to take even just a few of these, they would become a rich man! Lexus wanted to take them all, but it was impossible.

[This item can't be obtained.]

'The same as the novel. I'm hoping I could get them as I am an NPC but I guess, its not.'

The even the knights had sadness on their faces. Items that couldn't be acquired, despite them being right in front of them. When they put it in the bag, it would return to its original spot like a mirage. In the end, Lexus could only stare at the items with longing and regret. Indeed… If someone could obtain all of these, Satisfy's economic balance might crumble.

'Well that's fine. I didn't come here for the battle gears in the first place.'

Lexus soothed his mind and turned his attention away from the pile of battle gear. On a shiny gold table, he saw an old book.

"Everyone, step back for a moment."

Lexus then raised his hand and signaled the knights to stay put and not touch anything. Even he, though, didn't know that there might be a trap that could annihilate them all.

The knights nodded in understanding and remained in their position. They knew why Lexus was wary; they had experienced the difficulty of the traps firsthand. Hearing the young prince, all the greed in their eyes faded, but seeing the battle gears that could not be obtained no matter what, their faces switched with pained expressions.

Then, he tapped his finger on the book, but didn't pick it up.

'I'll leave this here. I don't want to change Greed's destiny so much as I don't know the consequences of doing that.'

As the plot of the novel was centered around the protagonist, Lexus had no intention of ruining or changing it for simple greed. If he took the item that changed everything for Greed, he didn't know the karma he'd experience, but definitely, it would be grave and fatal for him. Also, it wasn't like he had no other ways to benefit from it.

'I had no intention of provoking his plot armor.'

Thinking to himself, notifications appeared in his vision.

[You have acquired the legendary craftsman's rare book!]

[It isn't in a proper state. Appraisal is needed to check the details.]

Seeing the system prompt, Lexus had a grin on his face.

"Great Sage."

« Confirmed. »

Appraising the book is not a problem for Lexus as Great Sage had the sub-ability, Analytical Appraisal. The ability to analyze and appraise a target.

[Pagma's Rare Book]
Rating: Legendary

[This is a book that contains the technique of Pagma, the blacksmith who transcended human limits, the person who open this book can become a Legendary Blacksmith.