Chapter 19: Sword Saint

"Your highness, is there something that caught your attention that needed your presence in Winston?"

Closing the thick book in his grasp, Lexus turned his gaze towards the front and a pink-haired beauty entered his vision.

'Honorifics, huh...I still can't get used to this.'

Lexus nonchalantly thought in his mind. Even though he had been addressed with such honorifics that royalties had taken for granted, Lexus who had lived in the modern Earth of 21st century, was not used to this kind of treatment.

Well, he still preferred to communicate casually, but knowing very well his status, Lexus didn't want to push it too much. It was meaningless to do anyway.

"Well....There's someone I want to meet in there."

Lexus replied to Dovie who was following him as his bodyguard. As she was the daughter of the Great Swordsman who was directly serving the king, it was her duty to protect the next in line of the throne, being the daughter of the Royal Knight's commander.

Having been trained as a knight since she was young, she wore a soft inner armor in a silver color, which sparkled slightly with a golden hue. She also had a long sword hung around her waist.

Even though her equipment wasn't of the highest quality in Lexus' eyes or for the standards of a legendary blacksmith, the equipment was definitely more appealing and attractive when she wore it.

(#A/N: Yoooh! Just make an image in your mind of someone like Shikimori who's wearing a fitted cool looking armor.)

"Is it someone special?"

She asked with pure curiosity. As they had been traveling for 3 days already since they left Reinhardt, if she wouldn't take the iniative to start a conversation, feeling an intense boredom because of the silence is unavoidable.

"Yeah. He is some sort of unique and special."

His smile didn't fade, and his tone was filled with eagerness and excitement. Seeing his smile, Dovie unconsciously averted her gaze, and her cheeks slightly turned red. It was unavoidable for her.

The snow-white haired prince with scarlet red eyes possessed a high level of charm, far exceeding that of any other person. His special stat, Charm surpassing 1000, made it nearly impossible for others to avoid being charmed or enchanted by him. (A/N: Well, probably excluding the legends who could resist an abnormal status effect of charm.)

"I~I....I understand."

Dovie meekly stuttered as she lowered her head. Of course, Lexus wasn't so dense to not notice her reactions, but he knew that this was the effect of his charisma. However, he didn't think much of it, as he assumed she would eventually get used to it.

What he didn't know was that it wasn't just due to his high charm. Though Lexus didn't seem to place much importance on it, his appearance alone was enough to attract Dovie, not to mention that Dovie had witnessed for herself that he had a good personality.

Unlike what she had seen from his brothers, he didn't treat anyone with arrogance, disdain, or even the slightest hint of an abusive attitude. He treated everyone with respect, for doing a job well done, and spoke to them casually without any harsh words coming out of his mouth.

Just this alone was enough to earn his respect, but of course, it wasn't enough for her to develop romantic feelings toward him; she only had pure respect. Aside from being a difficult woman, she herself was extremely talented, excelling in various fields since she was a child, and holding the chivalric code of a knight.

'I should finish reading the rest.'

Lexus thought as just like what he had been doing since they had left Reinhardt, he intended to spend the next hours flipping through the pages of the books he had. Looking at Lexus who was reading a book again, she couldn't believe how fast he could finish or more like she couldn't believe he was reading the books in the first place.