Chapter 26: Vampire City (4)

"What the hell is this?"

Elfin Stone frowned and his whole body was bloody.

"A human had hurt me?"

He muttered in doubt. Then, he unconsciously touched where Lexus slashed. Apart from the fact that his attack was painful, he also felt an unbearable scorching heat from Lexus' sword. Groaning at the heat, Elfin Stone immediately knew that it was one of the reasons why he was easily sliced with little resistance.

"Human!"

Elfin Stone's voice grew cold as he glared at Lexus. His pupils narrowed, revealing his hatred for him. He could tell he was a danger. With a single snap of his fingers, the coffins surrounding the city opened, and vampires emerged. They had pale skin, long fangs, and red eyes. Their gazes all settled on Lexus.

"This fragrance is good."

"As soon as I open my eyes, I can celebrate with human blood."

The vampires were the top predators. They didn't feel any nervousness about the person who had invaded their territory; rather, they laughed like they were happy. The vampires living in the underground cities were different from those who popped up all over the continent. Their combat power was between level 280 and 350.

"Give me blood! I shall enjoy it!"

"Ohuhut, shall we aim for that man's clean neck?"

More than 200 vampires quickly narrowed the distance to Lexus. It was a tremendous speed. They aimed for him while waiting for Elfin Stone's permission to attack. Seeing that he was surrounded, Lexus narrowed his eyes. The vampires possessed excellent physical abilities, magic powers, and intelligence.

It's difficult to face them if one has low magical defense and they also have physical attacks in their onslaught. In some cases, it was the opposite, making even tank players unable to demonstrate a complete defense and getting quickly wounded.

Looking at the appearance of his minions, Elfin Stone decided to have them test his capabilities. He wants to know his threat level before personally making a move. With that, Elfin Stone assimilated with darkness and disappeared like a mirage.

With his approval, the vampires joyously and maniacally laughed as they quickly rushed to attack. Sensing that they were coming, the world around Lexus slowed down as his thinking processing was enhanced by a thousand times.

With the slow downed world, Lexus clearly saw their movements despite their fast speed.

Papat! Papapat!

The vampires were skilled in hand-to-hand combat or swordsmanship, depending on their strength and agility. They aimed magic towards Lexus, who dealt with their attacks with ease.

"Cripple!"

"Dark Binding!"

"Neder's Grab!"

Various curse magic was fired to lower his magic resistance and to restrain his body.

[You have resisted.]

Seeing the incoming curses, Lexus didn't do anything about them, knowing very well that they wouldn't affect him even a bit. The vampires, however, expected him to be affected, as they were very confident in their own magical abilities.

The vampires' swords aimed at his weak points. One greedy vampire even used his fangs.

"Troublesome."

Lexus murmured as he watched his surroundings move slowly. He found it annoying to be attacked by hundreds of vampires of various types all at once, while the boss hid its presence and observed him. With his agility equaling his strength, the power of his swordsmanship gradually increased.