Chapter 2: The Sheath

Undefeated King Madra. Although he was relatively unknown compared to other legends since he was only active in Lubana during his lifetime, Madra was the ninth king of the Lubana Kingdom, which he successfully defended until his death as a strategist and master of martial arts. He was the only king among the nine former legends, and throughout his reign, the Lubana Kingdom remained unstoppable.

Before he was a brilliant strategist, Madra was the ultimate warrior. He was the best in a stage where pure combat was prioritized for a one-on-one match without variables or shallow tricks. He was the legend who has never experienced defeat once.

After confirming he had received the correct item, Lexus couldn't wait to see the results of his efforts which made him to immediately inspect it.

[Undefeated King's Old Sheath]

★ Quest Item ★

A sheath used by the Undefeated King when he was alive. A part of the Undefeated King's will is contained in it

User Restriction: One who was never defeated.]

[Legendary Item has been found.]

[Reputation will rise by 500 across the continent.]

(System Rating:
E - Normal
D - Uncommon
C - Rare
B - Epic
A - Unique
S - Legendary)

The list of ratings contains the common ratings from the lowest to the highest rating. The higher the rating, the more powerful, difficult or potential is the higher rated one.

E or Normal is the most common rating for  items and skills that have the font color white. Followed with D or Uncommon that have the font color of green.

The C or rare grade indicates that something is better than uncommon but worse than epic. In the case of general equipment items, the value of rare-rated items exceeds the value of uncommon-rated items by a factor of three and with a font color of blue.

With a font color in violet, B or epic rating is better than the rare-rated items but not as good as the unique-rated. In the case of general equipment items, the value of epic-rated items would be seven times more expensive than rare-rated items.

Unique and Legendary items were self explanatory. These ratings were to simply put, were way better than the rest of the ratings. Unique were in a font color of red while Legendary in a font of gold.

Lexus took a deep breath and forced his overwhelming enthusiasm to settle down. He closed the tomb, making the graveyard appear untouched as he recalled where he was.

Making sure that no one would come looking for him, he returned back to the carriage and entered with the butler waiting for him, just outside of the royal carriage. After arriving, Lexus lied down to the soft seat as he relaxed and lifted the sheath.

"I had really obtained this."

He smiled as he said that. Hearing his remark, Madra's ego replied.

「 You seems to be happy having acquired my sheath. 」

Lexus wasn't surprised as he had known about this item even though the novel didn't specify it. He just casually replied.

"Of course, how can I not be glad on the possibility on acquiring the Undefeated King's Swordsmanship."

Lexus grinned as he said that but Madra didn't missed that.

「 It seems like you knew about my swordmanship. Seems your interested and also you're undefeated, I'll give you a quest to become my successor. 」

Suddenly a notification appeared in front of Lexus.

[Undefeated King's Successor]

Rank: Legendary Class Change Quest