Chapter 37_ Dragon Knight

'So I'm sure I'm not up against an absolute yet.'

Lexus was prepared to use Teleport at any moment he detected even the slightest intention of attacking from her. While he was wary as he measures the vast difference between them, Marie Rose spoke.

"You, aren't you quite unusual? You don't have strong divine powers like Rebecca's Daughters, nor do you have strong magic power like Braham, but my gaze and presence have no effect on you… How strange."

Marie Rose appeared to be in her early 20s. Her beauty was so unrealistic that it seemed like an illusion. It was so perfect, but Lexus didn't feel any attraction towards her. He wasn't bewitched at all and managed to stay calm.

"Isn't this strangeness interesting? Are you interested enough to keep me alive?"

Lexus replied with a bit of a forced smile. Though their was a big difference between them, he wasn't afraid at all.

"Oh my? I feel a dirty magic power, who is it?"

As soon Marie Rose said those words while slighty raising her eyebrows.

「 Marie Rose! How did you escape from your seal? 」

Braham's soul materialized at the side of Lexus which made him bewildered on how can Braham leave without him noticing.

"I was able to break the seal at any time. I was just bored and enjoyed sleeping."

Seeing Braham's soul out of nowhere, Marie Rose's eyes curved into a crescent moon shape.

"Braham, you lost your pure blood and degenerated, eventually dying. Now only your soul is left. This insignificant appearance suits you."

「 Don't taunt me! 」

Marie Rose gazed at Braham's soul, which was gradually turning redder.

"Our Braham wouldn't have no countermeasures. What are you planning to do now?"

Marie Rose suddenly smiled. It was a brilliant smile that was enough to illuminate the dark cave.

"You, are you dreaming about resurrection?"

Braham was a peculiar presence. He didn't rely on the innate power of the clan and explored magic power. He might've completed the resurrection magic. Braham didn't deny it.

「 And if I did? There's nothing you can do to stop me. If even one of my souls hidden in all parts of the continent doesn't disappear, I will someday be fully resurrected! Then I will surely use all my effort to destroy you! 」

Marie Rose found the shouting soul to be cute.

"That cockroach-like persistence of yours is the same as ever, I see."

「!!!」

「 Aren't you going to destroy my soul fragment here? 」

Braham had been banished from the clan. He used the fact that it was dark to hide his soul in the clan's cities, but he thought they would be destroyed because they were found by Marie Rose.

However, Marie Rose had no intention of dealing with Braham. Braham was a mere worm in front of her.

"For what reason why should I go to such trouble? Why should a superior being like myself be scared of a mere 'mortal'?"

'This mutation that transcends the founder…!' He must be resurrected. 'I will kill the one who made me like this, take away their heart, and regain eternal life!'