Chapter 5: The Real Start (3)

Lexus swings his wooden sword around deftly, twirling and flourishing it with ease. The knights that were all looking at him, were currently swearing to all the gods that the young prince must have had been taught with swordsmanship before even making his first steps.

Having mastered the fundamentals of the priceless swordsmanship that had been long lost to history, he could stand above all others. Lexus could tell that even the basic version of these Madra's sword techniques were far superior to the versions of any other swordmanships.

「 Though I haven't seen you in real combat, based on the training you had been doing, your fighting style is well balanced and skillful for your strikes to maximize the damage. 」

Madra could not help but be impressed at how quickly he was progressing, but Lexus knew better. He would have progressed to this point much earlier if his NPC self hadn't been so lazy about training. He was just catching up to where he should have already advanced. If Lexus had trained wholeheartedly at the academy, he would have at the very least been a Sword Expert by now.

'I really want to rebuke my previous self.'

Lexus let out a sigh and decided he would have to train even harder from now on. He then smiled, remembering a unique skill that he had unexpectedly acquired recently.

[Plunderer - Lv.1]

Rating: Unique

[This ability allows the user to 'rob' power from any opponents, effectively weakening their skills and magic.

* You are able to copy and obtain the skills of those you are fighting but when killing an enemy, you can steal and absorb their unique attributes.

Skill Resource Consumption: None.

Skill Cooldown Time: 6 Hours.]

The ability to copy and steal skills was very overpowered for him. Although the effectiveness lowered as the difference in strength between him and his opponent increased, this skill simply allowed him to learn any skill he wanted. He could define his own path based on his needs.

In the novel, no skill like this was introduced. (A/N: The runes weren't considered as skills right?) So, Lexus was greatly surprised when he saw this.

'Can this be really done with magic while my legendary combat class was technically a swordsman type? If I can use both physical and magical skills at the same time…'

The ultimate multi-class. Indeed, it was the birth of a fraudulent character. Of course, perfectly utilizing all of those skills would be hard, so he could end up with a mediocre character if he misjudged his choices. However, the possibility of that happening was low. It was because Lexus had the ultimate talent with him, Madra who could come up with synergistic combinations and his unique skill, Great Sage.

"Your highness, your talent with the sword really had no bounds. It's like you're a Master Swordsman already or even destined to be a Sword Saint someday."

Turning around, he saw a knight who was slowly approaching him, complimenting his skills. The knight was a tall man with slightly reddish skin and orange hair.

He had a thick mustache and an even thicker beard. His blue eyes and chiseled face made him actually quite handsome by Earth standards. He could have become a celebrity with his looks. He was Darius, the captain of the escort knights and the one leading the expedition.

"No, I'm still very far from that level." Lexus replied goodnaturedly.

"You don't have to be humble about it, your highness. We knights who were serving you can guarantee my claim."