Chapter 8: The 1st Hunt

Reinhardt was the capital of the Eternal Kingdom. Inside the royal palace, a man was leisurely sitting in his throne. King Wiesbaden, the king of Eternal Kingdom was already old. Sometimes he wished to step down on his throne and appoint one of his three sons as the new king.

The king would look at the potential and the morality of all his sons. He didn't want anyone who didn't have the interest of the people to rule, irrespective of how favored they are from the nobles.

Though he also needed someone who could also be somewhat cruel to the enemies. Being a leader or a king of a nation, is knowing how to sway and control the opinions of masses. A weak willed and incompetent king could easily lead to a revolt from the people or even worse.

There were always nobles who secretly opposed the idea of having one family to rule forever. A weak willed king would give these people the opportunity to rally up the masses to be against the royals.

King Wiesbaden also had to consider and make sure that the future king was not cowardly, greedy or short sighted. He definitely didn't need a prince who would sell out his country because of greed or one that would runaway cowardly in the face of danger.

He needed a prince who was brave and courageous enough to die for the kingdom, even if the enemy had successfully invaded it. In fact, he had been evaluating his sons on who would be the best candidate to be chosen. However, for First Prince Ren – the eldest son of King Wiesbaden, and Second Prince Aslan – the second son of King Wiesbaden…

They were all proud, arrogant, greedy and selfish.

If the throne would be handed in the wrong hands, the kingdom could be filled with a lot of bloodshed and violence. Only the third prince was the only one he could think of. His personality was better than the other prince, he was way smarter than them and possesses more potential.

Since the young age, among all of the prince, Lexus was the fastest to learn how to write, speak and read. That was not the only thing but there were countless more.

King Wiesbaden had guaranteed it, that the third prince has unprecedented talent. It might even be possible for him to reach the realm of the legends. According to history, a person becoming a legendary figure will generally have high value that couldn't be explained through words and common sense and won't die easily.

If his strength will reach the legendary realm, it was a great benefit for the kingdom since the legendary realm belongs to the pinnacle fighting force in the West Continent.

However, he also had his flaws. He lacked motivation to do anything. Living a life with a golden spoon, he could obtain anything he wanted; therefore, he was unable to make any effort for anything. Additionally, he did not really desire anything to be in his possession. All he wanted was to live a lazy, leisurely, and prodigal lifestyle.

"I guess it's time for Lexus to grow up. Sending him to tour in Lubana Kingdom is definitely not enough to change his mind."

King Wiesbaden murmured and then looked at the knight who stood beside him.

"The third prince is the most appropriate candidate for the throne. He only needed to change the way he thinks...What do you think we should do about this Chucksley."

Sir Chucksley was the Royal Knight's commander. He was a great swordsman and thus held a high position in the kingdom. Sir Chucksley's family had been loyal to the royal family for generations, making him a trusted man to King Wiesbaden.

"Your Majesty, Prince Lexus is already 17 years old, nearing adulthood. You should no longer tolerate his childish behavior and it is time to be strict with him."