Chapter 22: Sword Saint (4)

「 Honestly, I didn't expect that you'll become a Sword Saint, this fast. 」

Lexus heard Madra's voice while lazily gazing at the window of his carriage. Lexus smiled but didn't replied.

「 What's more was that you're not just an ordinary Sword Saint. 」

Well no Sword Saint was ordinary and those who became one were very excellent but Madra was not referring about it. What he meant was that Lexus might become the strongest Sword Saint that will surpass Muller.

Aside from that he became one, he could also display both Madra and Pagma's Swordsmanships. The two Swordsmanships of the two great legends.

There was one problem.

The skills consume so much mana.

Excluding the 100,000 Army Swordsmanships that requires 20,000 mana, though Lexus was fortunate to discover a loophole of increasing his intelligence stats by reading books, a legendary swordsmanships still consumed plenty.

Wave. Restraint. Link. Kill. Transcend.

A total of five sword techniques. The minimum amount of mana required was 300. In particular, Kill consumed 1,200 mana and Transcend consumed 1,800 mana.

If Lexus didn't discovered the loophole, his maximum mana might be less than 2,000 which would make him unable to use the sword dances freely.

As Lexus was lamenting about this, the carriage suddenly halted. At first, he had a puzzled frown on his face, having no clue why the carriage stopped but when he stepped out of the carriage, he burst out laughing out of the absurdity of the situation.

"Your highness. I'll swiftly deal with them so you can rest assure."

He heard Dovie's voice while unsheathing her sword. She was sitting beside Sera who was driving and was quick to respond. She had a calm expression while glaring at the people that surrounded the carriage. That's right, they were being surrounded by bandits.

"Are you laughing, you crazy bastard?"

A bandit exclaimed hearing Lexus' laughter. He didn't liked it. Even the maid who was driving the carriage didn't have the slightest fear in her expression despite seeing they were surrounded.

However, they didn't recognize who Lexus was or more precisely speaking, they didn't recognize how skilled Lexus was or about the skills of his companion.

In this journey, only Dovie and Sera had accompanied him unlike before he was escorted by a squad of knights. The reason is, Dovie was just that skilled enough that could handle the threats all by herself.

As she was about start her assaults to subjugate them, she heard Lexus' voice which made her hault.

"Wait!"

Turning her head at Lexus' direction, she made a confused expression why he stopped her.

"They are the perfect target practice. I wanna deal with them myself."

Lexus said with a smile then a red sword materialized in his hands. As Dovie was aware of his skills, she nodded despite her worry of his safety. She had saw him fighting against Greed in a distance and noticed that he had improved greatly since he sparred with her father.

However, unlike Dovie, Lexus' attitude only succeeded in provoking the bandits.

"You son of a bit…"

"I'll kill ya!!!"

*Swish*

Just when some of them was about to cuss at him, a single bandit had to flinch backwards as he noticed Lexus had disappeared right in front of his eyes and even before he could turn his gaze to find the white-haired teenage boy, Lexus was already stabbing his thigh with his Blight of Misery.