Chapter 31: Great Magician (5)

His mood turned sour due to their interruption, causing Lexus to coldly look at them.

"There's no mistake about it. He looks the same in the forum."

"Then if we kill that NPC, I guess having a legendary item will no longer be a dream, right?"

Lexus narrowed his gaze when he heard that. Though he wasn't afraid, he didn't like it at all. After all, no one would like to be treated as a mob that drops items after being killed.

"But not even hundreds of thousand players were able to stop him, are we really gonna do this?"

"Idiot! Why worry about that. Those noobs were all below level 50. While we from my Yak Guild were over level 200."

Hearing the words Yak Guild, Lexus looked at the player who had said those words. Looking at the heavy armored player, Lexus murmured.

"If he's from Yak Guild, then I guess that should be Bubat, right?"

Bubat was a ranker on 25th in the unified rankings. He combined bold judgments and powerful CC to be called Satisfy's best initiator. The battlefield was always favorable to his allies when he was fighting in the lead.

With a roar, he took the lead and fearlessly rushed towards Lexus. The rare hidden class, Crusher. Just like its name, the Crusher class was designed to shatter formations. He used the 'Unconditional' skill to rush within 3m of the target and used CC combos to instantly destroy the enemy.

However he was surprised that nothing worked. His eyes widened as he met Lexus' cold eyes staring at him without any sign of vigilance. Bubat knew, that look didn't saw him as a threat at all.

"Bull Headbutt!"

Bull Headbutt was the Crusher's unique skill and had a higher concept than Blink magic. He leapt through space itself, so he could approach the target no matter what obstacles were in his way.

Kung!

Bubat emerged in front of Lexus and used a skill at the same time. He bent his waist. Then his hard forehead hit Lexus. The young legend saw it but didn't move and simply allowed the attack.

[You have dealt 1,130 damage to the target.]

[The target will become rigid for 0.3 seconds.]

[The target has resisted.]

'Resisted?'

While Bubat was being confused, Lexus thought.

'I wonder. Their level is definitely higher than mine so why am I not afraid of fighting them? Why am I not reluctant of fighting them? Why am I even looking forward of figthing them? Why?'

As Bubat linked another skill, Lexus realized why. He had realized at this moment that he liked the battlefield...He even admitted to himself, internally, that he might become a battle junkie in the future.

The world around Lexus flowed very quietly, as if it had been paused, even though Thought Acceleration hadn't been activated yet. Without Bubat having the chance to react, he pulled a sheathed red sword that emerged from Lexus' back.

The first strike.

His arm moved before he even intended to. With a light swing, he cut the arms of Bubat in half. The player who had been trying to find a gap in Lexus's defenses with a sense of urgency due to his ominous feeling.

[The title effect of 'One Who Met the Martial God' has increased the critical hit damage.]

Within 0.000001 seconds of his swing, his sword energy flashes black causing the destructive power of the strike to be equal to the power of 2.