Chapter 21: Sword Saint (3)

Greed was confused for a moment. He definitely suffered an overwhelming defeat yet, it said that not just he completed the sudden quest, he also received a bountiful rewards that helped him reach level 100 earlier than he imagined.

He then swiftly looked at the mysterious NPC who also looked at him with a smile and said.

"I am grateful to you. Please pardon my rude behavior earlier of attacking you out of nowhere but it was a good fight."

"Why aren't you killing me?"

Greed questioned, making Lexus click his tongue.

"I'm not crazy. Why would I kill a person for no reason? You would've died if I wanted to kill you."

Greed was silent but then remembered his identity through a system message.

'A prince of Eternal Kingdom?'

He had made contact with a noble already but didn't expected that the mysterious NPC he encountered would turn out to be a royalty.

"I wanted it to be a sincere fight. I'm sorry."

Lexus bowed his head without hesitation and apologized sincerely. What he had done was really rude but with the benefits he gained, there was no regrets. It was enough if he could compete with someone who's a legend.

"Fine."

Though Greed was furious about the fact of being attacked out nowhere, he accepted Lexus' apology as the overwhelming difference between them was clear in his mind.

He also thought that his encounter with such NPC might be the effect of his non-existent luck.

"Ahem! Let me introduce myself."

Making a fake cough, Lexus fixed his gaze at Greed and truthfully said without any pretenses.

"I am Lexus, third prince of Eternal Kingdom. Pleasure to meet you."

Seeing his smile, Greed narrowed his eyes. He found Lexus' friendly attitude suspicious but then remembered about the system message of his affinity with Lexus had slightly increased.

"I am Greed. A blacksmith."

Greed replied but then flinched, remembering Lexus' position. As someone who had lived in the modern world where monarchy is not the trend, greeting a prince in a proper way was the last thing that came into his mind.

"Well~ugh...!"

Seeing how he reacted about it, Lexus casually replied.

"No need for formalities. I can't possibly make a legend kneel to me, right?"

Greed widened his eyes when he heard those words. Since he had become Pagma's Successor, no one had instantly noticed that he was a legend at first glance. His body quivers thinking of the possibility that the person in front of him was also a legend.

"Don't need to worry about anything thus, you may be at ease."

Hearing him, Greed felt relieved.

'That's unexpected.'

Greed thought. He guessed that Lexus would have an arrogant attitude of a prince. From his experience, he had negative impressions to nobles because of a certain earl that made him suffer. (#A/N: Referring to his hatred at Earl Ashur so I think his impression about royalties who were superior than the nobles were also negative.)

However his expectation about him being an arrogant prince shattered seeing how he acted.

"Greed, you are amazing. Your sword dance earlier was wonderful to the point that I want to be acquainted with you as my knight.'