Chapter 9: The 1st Hunt (2)

He could feel the intense gazes of the people around him, but Lexus maintained a smile on his face. Though he was a young troll, he had a larger body than a human, standing at well over two meters tall, and a head that didn't resemble a human.

'Trolls are green in my mind, but it's red.'

« Chwiik! is human! Kill it! »

« Chwiik! Chwiik! »

Moreover, looking at the movement, it was probably faster than him, but Lexus wasn't worried about that. This was the perfect opponent to test his control against!

Whik!

The red troll swung an axe with a handle thicker than Lexus' thighs. Its attacks were fast, but its movements were large and there was a lot of clutter. A typical attack style that relied solely on brute strength and not finesse. It wasn't something Lexus could hope to defend against, especially as a low-level character.

Dodging to the left, he managed to avoid the axe swinging downward. This time, the axe swung from top to bottom. Though it was quite fast, Lexus had the special stat, Super Sensitivity, which allowed him to react to the young troll warrior's speed.

For Lexus, it was like he was in an obvious attack situation. He didn't move much, just sideways and turned while drawing his sword. A technique that attacked with explosive speed the moment the sword was drawn. The troll, who didn't know the technique, had no choice but to surrender his head.

A sound of monsters nibbling was heard, and a message appeared only visible to Lexus.

[You hit the vital point. A critical damage will occur.]

Then, activating a unique skill to make things more interesting.

« Young Troll's experience in survival and combat has been acquired. »

« All possible skills to obtain has been succesfully acquired. »

« All knowledge gained has been optimized and successfully transferred. »

[The skill, 'Regeneration (E)' has been obtained.]

[The skill, 'Strength Augmentation (E)' has been obtained.]

[The skill, 'Crazed Rampage (C)' has been obtained.]
————————
[Regeneration - Lv.1]
Rating: Normal

[Bolsters the bearer's fortitude and speeds up self-healing when injured by 1.5% of maximum health per second.

Skill Resource Consumption: None.

Skill Cooldown Time: None.]

[Strength Augmentation - Lv.1]
Rating: Normal

[By willing it, enhances allies for battle, increasing their strength, defense and movement speed.

* Grants a 15% increase in damage, defense and movement speed for 20 seconds.

Skill Resource Consumption: 350 Mana.

Skill Cooldown Time: 100 Seconds.]

[Crazed Rampage - Lv.1]
Rating: Rare

[With each continuous blow on the same target, gains increased attack speed. If the user changes targets, the stacks drop to zero.

* When killing a creature with blood, there is a 0.75% chance to recover 10% of maximum health.

* Maximum stacks is 12. Gains 5% bonus Attack Speed per Stack.

Skill Resource Consumption: None.

Skill Cooldown Time: None.]