Chapter 27: Great Magician

Fury, bloodlust, ruthlessness... all sorts of negative emotions were chaotically felt by Elfin Stone as he feverishly looked at Lexus' aura, which was filled with boundless slaughter. His body had long since been drenched in cold sweat, and his head ached so much that it threatened to split open. Unable to stand up, his body knelt on the ground.

Looking at the undescribable yet overwhelming aura, Elfin Stone saw a vision of a river of blood, mountains, seas of corpses that seemed to stretch on forever, and scattered body parts all appeared. Lexus' eyes had completely become the colour of blood. The killing intent and ruthlessness that emanated out from his entire body formed a horrifying gale, making the vampire city to look like a true hell.

"So this is how it felt to succumb to one's inner demon."

Lexus calmly muttered. Knowing the threat of Elfin Stone's Extreme Blood Transfusion, he activated Undefeated King's Rage to enter the invulnerable state as the blood magic could deplete his health bar in an instant. Currently, every one of his cells and nerves were filled with boundless killing intent, making him want to release all of the strength within his body to kill and destroy everything in sight; however, his mind still had clarity due to his Perfect Status Resistance.

If not, his willpower will be unable to stop it, and his mind will instantly collapse, becoming completely taken over by those negative emotions, turning him into a true demon of murder.

'This guy!'

Elfin Stone's gaze fixed on Lexus. His expression was rough, but he could tell that he had grown stronger. Despite the intense fear, Elfin Stone couldn't release his overwhelming magic power. It hadn't reached the level of a great demon, but it was several times stronger than the best rated demonkin.

"As I said. I didn't came here looking for trouble but I had a simple agenda at this place."

Elfin Stone shivered as Lexus' murderous eyes were locked on his kneeling figure. Just like what he had said, Lexus didn't have the intention to provoke or seek trouble with the vampires, but since they attacked him first, he simply retaliated.

"That's why I will spare you."

Lexus smiled, but his bloodthirsty aura didn't fit his smile, making Elfin Stone even more fearful towards him. Though it might sound stupid to spare him, it was because killing Elfin Stone isn't easy. If he were to attack, the intimidation effect of Undefeated King's Rage would subside and force Elfin Stone to unleash his full power, which Lexus knew would cause him a fair deal of trouble.

Wanting to end the match against the Vampire Earl without much trouble, Lexus decided to take advantage of how scared he was and make him surrender on his own. After using the 100,000 Army Massacre Sword and Undefeated King's Rage, Lexus no longer had any mana left. Though Pagma's Sword Dance only consumes sword energy, without mana, he wouldn't be able to cast his buff skills.

That's why he would be in a disadvantage against the vampire. However the main reason why he want to spare him was because, Elfin Stone shouldn't die by his hands. He wanted who he had in mind to do it just like in the novel. Unlike the vampires that will respawn after a certain amount of time to pass, Elfin Stone will not respawn after death.

'I shouldn't possibly take away the growth opportunity of my knight for him to grow, right?'

In his mind, Lexus thought about greed's encounter with Elfin Stone as one of the main events in the novel that greatly boosted his prowess and developed his character even more. He had no intention of letting it happen again, for fear of losing control over Greed. If Greed wasn't his knight, Lexus would have likely disregarded it; however, since Greed grew stronger, Lexus knew he would undoubtedly benefit from it.