Chapter 23: Vampire City

As Lexus was feeling glad at the moment, a man clutching his abdomen with his hand made a wry face and screamed at him.

"You… How dare you touch us! You think you can get away with what you just did? Do you know who's behind us? You little rat, you're gonna end up just like an old man once they f…!"

A spark shot out from Lexus' eyes.

*Swish* *Puck*

"Kuuk!"

Before the man could finish his words, Lexus ran up to him and stuck his Blight of Misery into his chest in a flash.

Pagma's Sword Dance, Kill!

His expression hardened. That familiar aura was being emitted from Lexus. This was killing intent. It was truly a perfect killing intent. The killing intent around him was compressed into the sword.

"Y-You… This is ridiculous!"

He was a bandit that committed many kinds of evil deeds. He experienced all types of hatred and anger, but this was the first time he was threatened by a killing intent.

The red sword filled with extreme killing intent pierced straight into his heart. Then a notification window flashed in front of Lexus.

[You have dealt 26,500 damage to the target.]

The sword penetrated deep into his chest, and the tip of the blade hung right near the heart as the impact had crushed all of his ribs.

[Your level has risen.]

Seeing the death of a single bandit with the sword filled with tremendous killing intent, the surrounding bandits gasped for air. Although it was not them who was struck in the heart, they couldn't say anything for a while because they can imagine the immense pain.

Now they know. There was something scarier than even death itself.

After becoming a Sword Saint, Lexus can now use all sword type weapons without restrictions unlike before. He can now exhibit all the option effects of the Blight of Misery in his hands which previously only half can be activated.

Then together with the newly obtained Great Swordsman Pagma's Sword Dance, Kill— the bandit wasn't able to endure a single strike from the sword held by the White Reaper. Sword Energy, just this resource alone pushed Lexus to a new heights.

After acquisition, the resource will be displayed with the default maximum value of 1,000 in the Status Window in addition to Health, Mana and others. When using a sword, the consumed resource is changed from mana to sword energy and the most powerful skills of a great swordsman even require the resource.

However the only downside of sword energy was it only recovers 'every time the sword is swung,' unlike mana that can be recovered by many means so it is inevitable to swing the sword around like a madman to replenish the resource.

"Say that again. What?"

Lexus spoke in a calm voice while turning his gaze to the bandits. The bandits tried to pretend they weren't panicking, even though their whole body was trembling in fear.

"I, I can't say…!"

A man reluctantly answered while intensely  shivering so everyone's attention was focused on him. They gulped as they wondered what Lexus would say. Then Lexus finally spoke.

"Well it doesn't really matter."

Lexus nonchalantly said to himself while tremendous heat was suddenly felt by everyone. None of them noticed that the red sword in Lexus' hands looked scorched.