Chapter 11: Blacksmith

Lexus, who was walking around Reinhardt, was reading a book in his hand while walking. He smiled as he read the last page and closed the book.

It was in that moment.

Swoosh!

[Intelligence has increased by 1.]

Why did his intelligence increase suddenly? It's because he read a book. He was certain that the reason for his intelligence increase was finishing reading a book.

After his fight with the troll, Lexus was bored on the carriage as he had nothing to do, not until, they could reach Reinhardt. Deciding to read a book out of boredom, Lexus had discovered it by pure coincidence.

If he reads a book he has already read, will his stats rise again? No, reading a book you have already read will not increase your stats. You need to read a book that hasn't been read yet; that is, a book that hasn't been read must be read in order for your stats to increase.

After discovering this, Lexus began reading and carried a book with him at all times. He did so because he believed that increasing his intelligence through reading was highly beneficial. On the other hand…

'It's so inefficient.'

Improving his stats is extremely important. However, the problem was the time it took to read all of the books Especially if most of the books were so thick.

'Preferably, I want to hunt monsters to increase my level with the time it takes to read a book.'

The only stats you could earn from reading a book are intelligence. It's not increasing by 3 or 4 but only 1. It would be better to go hunting during the time it took to read because you could increase more of your stats.

'If it was strength, agility, or stamina, then it would be different.'

On top of that, intelligence was not a very important stat to most people. It wasn't that they didn't need intelligence stats at all; it was just that most people had close-combat occupations, so their important stats were strength, agility, and stamina.

However, Lexus was an exception. His thought processing had been enhanced by 1,000 times, so reading a book until the last page was a very easy thing for him. Just a single glance at a page was enough for him to read it in a single second, allowing him to take advantage of the loophole that was available to him.

'I wonder how long it's going to take.'

He was very curious as to how long it would take to read all of the books that were inside his inventory. Once he was finished reading a new book, a message appeared stating that intelligence increased. He opened his character window.

[Status Window]

「Name: Lexus
Level: 15
Class: Undefeated King's Successor
Second Class: Pagma's Successor
Titles: One Who Became a Legend and 4 others.

Health: 3,840
Mana: 3,850

Strength: 240     Stamina: 240
Agility: 240    Intelligence: 1,925    Dexterity: 40

—–—–—–—

Charm: 40     Dignity: 40     Insight: 40
Composure: 40     Indomitable: 40   

—–—–—–—

Super Sensitivity: 45    Good Luck: 40

—–—–—–—

Stat Points: 150

Skills: Undefeated King's Swordsmanship (SSS),  Legendary Blacksmith Skills (S), Great Sage (A), Plunderer (A), Sword of Ember (B), Sword Aura (B), Strength Augmentation (E).