Chapter 32: Great Magician (6)

[Intellectual King Solomon - Lv.5]

Rating: Legendary

[After developing an ego, it had evolved from the Unique Skill Great Sage for the sole purpose of becoming more useful to its master.

Resource Consumption: None.

Skill Cooldown Time: None.]

—–—–—–—–—

After releasing a shock bolt, Lexus didn't bat an eye to the grey lights of a player who's face was filled with despair after realizing the big difference between their abilities compared to the infamous White Reaper.

Then, blue spheres that was about the size of a baseball float up on top of his hands. Another basic magic spell, Frost Orb.

The frost orb had the same damage, mana consumption and cooldown time with shock bolt. The only difference was, unlike the paralysis effect of shock bolt, frost orb freezes the target that last with the same duration of shock bolt.

The orb explodes upon hitting the first enemy player but without any sound or shaky movements. The player that was hit was instantly frozen in ice and then was torn to pieces, like a crumbled paper before turning into grey lights.

Looking at the rest of the shivering players, Lexus decided to summon a helper to make the clean up much faster.

"Mumud."

As he said that, his mana was absorbed into the Black Bracelet in his wrist, his wrist trembled and started to spread out an ashy fog. Then, the ashy fog began to gather a loose shaped.

The black fog faded, became clearer and turned into tangible shape. Little by little, it was turning into a human like figure.

Black energy and death energy spread around him, and turned into a piece of cloth. There was the roar of a monster and magic power rose from the cracked space. It turned into a robe and he slowly got on his knees. Lich Mumud bowed to Lexus.

「 I greet. My master. 」

Looking at his respectful gesture, Lexus was once again reminded of what had took place after he dominated Lich Mumud.

[You can feel Mumud's hatred, who has sensed Braham's soul. Resolve Mumud's grudge, the future Mumud will become your faithful servant.]

Lexus remembered this quest. Greed obtained something to this but failed to accomplish the quest. However he was different from Greed. He had Great Sage to easily solved it. By connecting the two and allows them to personally communicate with each other, Lexus didn't have to do anything.

Great Sage knew that it can't let Lich Mumud and Braham to have their quarrel that could potentially harm its master's benefits.

•~~~•

With Sage Link:

"Even when you turned away from me... I didn't blame you when you interfered with my achievements and erased my name from the world."

"..."

"I'm sorry that you suffer from such a terrible obsession that you would become afraid of your disciple... I pitied you and couldn't blame you..."

"..." 

"...But now I resent you. Turning me into a lich...? Do you want me to serve you even after I am dead...? I won't be able to rest!!"

If a lich had tears, it would immediately fall from Mumud's eyes. His eyes were filled with hatred as he said coldly.

"Isn't life meant for death anyway? It would be better for me to disappear naturally than to be a lich."