Chapter 36_ Special Skeletons (4)

"That's right."

As soon as Lexus spoke, the question marks on the skeleton's head disappeared and the name Igris appeared there.

(#A/N: The name should be Overgeared Skeleton One in the novel but honestly it felt so lame to hear and read so I'll use the name of the super cool Marshall of the Shadow Army.)

Looking at the second skeleton, Lexus knew that this one was clever, but its physical abilities were very low compared to Igris. It could use martial skills properly, but there wasn't much of an effect.

"Since skeleton 2 is a candidate to become a magician, I'll call you Ainz."

(#A/N: The name's reference was obviously from Overlord. Well for more clarification, you can try searching it on your own and I'll leave that to your resourceful imagination.)

'Braham is really favorable to these skeletons?'

The prideful Braham even advised Lexus to raise the skeletons well. That's right. The skeletons were recognized by the legendary undefeated king Madra and the legendary great magician Braham.

"Hey, you two want to control these two?"

Lexus curiously asked both Madra and Braham. With the Great Sage evolving into a legendary skill, it is now possible for the two to utilize the Sage Link they had with Solomon to manually control Lexus' pets or summons. However, someone like Mumud would be excluded from this ability.

It's just like a video game character on a PC or mobile device, where players can control the actions of their virtual avatars. The two legends were somewhat intrigued by his explanation.

「 Interesting. In that case, I can freely defeat anyone while controlling Ainz. 」

Braham amusingly concluded and Lexus simply nodded. For Lexus, it would be greatly beneficial for him. It would allow Igris and Ainz to learn their skills while the two were in control of them. Having them agree in excitement of the sudden entertainment, system messages appeared.

[You have succeeded in strengthening Igris.]

[You have succeeded in strengthening Ainz.]

Lexus smiled in satisfaction.

'It was worth the investment, though.'

His gain was big.

The Skeletons' Combat AI will be definitely high with the two legends controlling them and now they could fight better than average players.

There was more.

'This is a lot better than I thought.'

Igris and Ainz had one absolute advantage over players.

The penalty upon death!

If they were totally destroyed, they could be summoned again immediately using their master's magic power and summoning them has no cooldown time at all. Though the mana consumption was massive that surpassed even the consumption of the basic spells of Braham's Enhanced Magic, it was just that worth the cost.

In other words, just like Lich Mumud, Igris and Ainz could fight with no fear of death.

This was a huge advantage.

At times, it was necessary to give up one's life. For players, it was a game; thus, it wasn't the hardest thing for them to risk losing one's life. But for Lexus who had now become an NPC or for all NPC's generally, the biggest risk was death. As a result, all battles were planned around lowering the number of deaths to as low as possible. But for Igris and Ainz, this risk of death was pretty much non-existent.