Chapter 15: Qualification Test

[A unique-rated item was produced, all stats have permanently risen by +12 and reputation throughout the continent has risen by +300.]

[...]

Time passed, and a month quickly arrived in the blink of an eye. During that time, Lexus rarely left the smithy and continued grinding to improve his stats. He paid no attention to what was currently happening in the kingdom and simply devoted himself to the forge.

With lady luck greatly favoring him, all the items he had produced were unique ratings. There was a good reason why production class players were so highly sought after in the game or even in real life. Why else would someone play a game? To have fun, of course.

Production players would not have much of a choice and spend most of their time in towns or cities working with various materials such as cloth, leather, metals, etc. How was that supposed to be fun? Hence, the second priority is no other than money.

Players or even NPCs who chose such paths were doing it for the money. However, Lexus was different. He didn't really lack money as a prince; he was genuinely doing it for fun, and the other reason was it was one of a loophole to be stronger - a method exclusive to the legendary blacksmith..

Dang! Dang! Ting! Ting!

With each strike from his hammer, Lexus sent sparks flying. It was a beautiful sight, no matter how many times he had seen it before. Lexus appreciated his legendary second class even more for this.

[A unique-rated item was produced, all stats have permanently risen by +12 and reputation throughout the continent has risen by +300.]

During the time that had passed, Lexus had managed to produce 47 unique rated items. Based on market prices, a level 250 normal-tier equipment will sell for 20 gold. Uncommon equipment on the same level would sell for 50 gold.

Then with the vast difference from unique that each piece he had could be sold at the minumum of one million, then Lexus could sell all of his equipments for almost fifty million gold!

Unlike Lexus, normal blacksmiths didn't profit much from their labors. The main reason was due to the rat race of increasing their crafting skill's level. Almost all blacksmith would have to heavily invest to gain skill levels and to do that, they needed to buy many stocks of forging materials.

This simply proved that no production class could easily survive on their own — not without an organization's support atleast. Though their pockets would lighten up if their skill levels increases, good production methods and good but expensive materials could easily switch the situation around.

With his privilege as a royalty, Lexus was fortunate enough not to have to sell these items. He had another plan that could benefit him even more.

"I could have this equipments as quest rewards to fool some players that I'm an NPC that gives high level quests."

Lexus grinned as he imagined how he could exploit the players in this game. After a while, he found himself roaming in the streets, observing the busy people around him. Some were walking quickly, others were selling goods, and still others were carrying heavy bags for others.

All of them seemed to be ordinary people or simple civilians of Reinhardt. All of them wore linen clothes. Occasionally, younger women with fairer skin walked on the streets. Other people stared at him wherever he went; his white hair attracted their attention.