Chapter 35_ Special Skeletons (3)

Satisfy has many classes to choose from.

To elaborate, players of the same class could form highly individualized characters based on their skill and stat distributions. Even so, there were popular classes and unpopular classes. This was a common phenomenon in RPGs.

In the current timeline of Satisfy, the Necromancer class was an unpopular class. The first way to change into the Necromancer class from a Black Magician at level 200 or higher. In order to do so, one must either meet the requirements to become a Necromancer or rely on a Necromancer's legacy. This made it a rare class advancement.

The class itself wasn't bad. They could cast curses, summon undead monsters and golems, and use attack spells like other magicians. They could even modify their own bodies and increase their combat strength. In a way, it was the ultimate all-around class.

The problem was that it was nearly impossible to simultaneously acquire high-ranking skills in all of these areas. To obtain a high-ranking skill, one needed a high-ranking skill book and its corresponding low-ranking skill to attain a certain rank. There were numerous ways to increase a skill's rank, but the most common method involved using it repeatedly.

Of course, to acquire skills of various types, one must use lower-ranking skills of various types. If a player takes their time doing so as a hobby, it won't be impossible.

But because players needed to show results faster than their competitors, most opted for efficiency over enjoyment. As such, it made sense that the necromancer class would be unpopular. It was also the reason why starters didn't give much thought to necromancy. If they became necromancers, they could enjoy the game, but they wouldn't be able to surpass their competitors.

In addition, necromancers weren't all that useful in the public's viewpoint. Standard magicians and black magicians could cover most of what necromancers could do. They had stronger attack spells than necromancers. Curses are a type of debuff magic, but they aren't the only form of debuff magic.

Moreover, necromancers could only use a single attribute magic. This penalty was huge for rankers who had to kill higher-level monsters. Players could deal more than twice the damage, depending on the attribute compatibility, but necromancers didn't have such advantage.

Another problem was that summons were unappealing. Moving skeletons gave off a completely different feel in the virtual world than on PC screens. If the summons were ghouls or zombies… it was simply too disgusting. A very small minority might enjoy something like it, but even they wouldn't admit that it's a normal hobby.

"Summon Skeletons!"

After his overwhelming victory against a vampire viscount, Lexus decided to test out the Can you Become the King of the Dead? skill.

Clack clack clack clack!

The moment the summoning skill was used, two skeletons emerged from beside Lexus, shaking from side to side. Their bones clashed together, and the sound grew steadily louder as they moved. They were truly disheveled. The color of their bones was a sickly yellow, and their skulls were partially cracked, indicating that the bones lacked any real strength.

[Name: ???

Level: 1

Health: 45/45     Mana: 3/3

Strength: 3

Stamina: 3

Agility: 3

Intelligence: 1

Remaining Stat Points: 0

Items Worn: None

Skills Possessed: None.]