Chapter 13: Blacksmith (3)

"So you're saying, you called me because you wanted me to be friends with her and to finally face my responsibility as a prince?"

Lexus listened to his father's continuous explanations for a while before speaking with an upright posture. His stat of great physical strength and concentration, which transcended his level, allowed dignity to radiate from him.

'Indeed, this is the appearance of someone who will become a legendary warrior.'

Sir Chucksley thought with certainty, looking at Lexus who didn't lose his composure despite facing his father, the king of Eternal Kingdom.

'Friends? Did I look like a shut in for him?'

'My previous self might be too lazy and unmotivated but its not to the point that I don't have any friends, right?'

'Be the crown prince.'

'Its time to stop being childish...'

Several thoughts came into his mind after listening to the revelation of why his NPC self's identity was hidden; however, after hearing the reason, Lexus found the reason not cool and not great at all. He thought it was because of some cool reason like possessing a cursed power of the God of Destruction or the Knight of the Apocalypse that could cause the kingdom or even the world to disappear or something similar.

When he heard it was that because he was simply a fast learner than his brothers or anyone else, he was greatly disappointed.

'Also, why would I want to be the crown prince of a kingdom that will soon to be righteously conquered by the protagonist.'

Lexus thought as he saw no merit in being the crown prince at all; however, him being the crown prince didn't really matter since his movements wouldn't be restricted anyway. He's still seventeen years old, which is too young to be a king, so he can still enjoy some freedom, right? Without making a single noise, Lexus looked at King Wiesbaden.

The king on the other hand, was surprised as Lexus didn't react negatively and simply thought things through silently, like he was contemplating whether or not he should even agree. As he was about to ask, he heard Lexus' voice.

"I understand. Though being a king isn't that great, rejecting this will only make things troublesome for me."

Lexus calmly answered. At first, he considered declining, but then he realized that he could have Greed as a subordinate or a friend. In the first place, he had no intention of following the plot of the novel; he simply wanted to enjoy it freely without any regrets. It was merely a gesture of respect for the protagonist whose journey thrilled him that led Lexus to decide to leave the book alone for the protagonist to obtain.

'It's not like I need to become his babysitter just because I knew he will grow to the top.'

Lexus had no plans to obstruct or interfere with the protagonist's growth. He intended to make acquaintance with him someday and maybe even give the protagonist some quests; after all, he was technically an NPC as long as it benefited him.

Upon hearing his calm tone, King Wiesbaden and Sir Chuckley were surprised by many things. To them, Lexus's tone suggested he had no desire to become king unless they had told him so beforehand, which would have been difficult given how his brothers were also vying for this position.

Also, aside from that he had no motivation to become one, it also sounds like he had no great impression of becoming a king. Becoming a ruler of a nation might sounds good but it was a very important position with a great responsibility as every decision the king made can affect countless lives.