Chapter 3: The Real Start

In Satisfy, humans could become transcendent beings or even gods if they accumulated massive feats and met the necessary requirements. However, the chances of achieving this were practically nonexistent due to the difficulty of the trials involved. Hearing Lexus's remark, Madra smiled smugly.

「 If I haven't been tied up for my responsibility as a king, I might have become a god. Perhaps I might even be a dragon slayer but I had no interest in that. 」

Hearing him, Lexus did not react much in disagreement as he had known if it was him, it might be possible. Maybe if he had not been tied, he might have even become an absolute that greatly surpassed myths and legends. Looking at the skill panel, Lexus lamented.

'The mana consumption is really high, but as a level 1, activating the skills is impossible. Also, I don't have the resource called sword energy.'

Closing his eyes, Lexus recalled the details of sword energy in the novel. Sword energy is a unique resource for swordsmen who have earned the title of great swordsman.

"In conclusion, sword energy is a resource that opens up only after reaching a certain level when one becomes a great swordsman. A great swordsman is a title that can only be obtained by having a swordsman-type class, which I now possess. In other words, although I do not currently have access to sword energy, it will become available in the future."

Lexus concluded optimistically and wasn't disheartened at all; he chose to face the reality. That was because, he had already gained a great thing today and had no reason to be greedy for something he couldn't have today.

Impressed by his mindset and mentality, Madra was even more impressed upon hearing his new successor's words. His appreciation for him grew as this should be the mentality of the victor. Then, he was glad to hear what the white-haired prince had said, lying down on the soft seat of the carriage.

"The legacy you left... I'm going to use it for the rest of my life."

For hundreds of years, he had been waiting for a qualified successor to appear; he hadn't thought that today would be the day his ego had been waiting for. Not just anyone could inherit the power of a legend.

"The greatness of the Undefeated King, I will announce it to the world."

The original swordsmanship of the Undefeated King was a natural step for the descendant of the Undefeated King. However, the protagonist of the novel was only able to maintain the Undefeated King's will with the degraded version of it.

"Now, all that's left was to plan what I had to do."

In the world inside the novel, Lexus had many things to do but he also knew the dangers that were secretly hidden. But first, he had to think from the beginning. To settle his confusion of his identity. Lexus himself had all the memories from his previous life intact. (#A/N: Consider this as his new life even though, he didn't die.)

It was a rather jumbled explanation, but the conclusion was this.

He had no idea how it happened, but apparently he woke up in the body of an NPC, a royal prince. Lexus had been living his life just fine when, one day, all of a sudden, the memories of some sort of past life were awakened. Fortunately, there was no fusion of souls or anything of the sort.

He had his memories as Lexus and his memories as the NPC one, but that was it. It was more accurate to say that the memories of Lexus had been awakened by his NPC self. He was able to recognize that both identities were him. The NPC Lexus grew up as the stereotypical spoiled prince of the royal palace. He received the education of a royalty and at the age of thirteen, he was admitted to the kingdom's academy. Then he went through the training of a knight, which was the standard.