Chapter 12: Blacksmith (2)

Lexus had a very eager and excited gleam in his eyes. As he let the Great Sage take over, Lexus didn't waste any time; his movements were swift.

[You can sense the temperature due to the rapid changes in ambient temperature. 30 degrees. 31 degrees. 31.5 degrees. 32...]

The strange yet welcome panel in front of Lexus' eyes continued.

[Pagma's Successor is sensitive to changes in temperature. If there is a furnace in the vicinity, you can accurately measure the temperature inside the furnace.]

[700 degrees. 720 degrees. 740...]

The constantly rising temperature was displayed in the continuously updating notification window.

'1,000 degrees.'

Lexus poked and prodded at the fire he just created. In no time, a roaring inferno erupted from the stone and intense heat swelled the forge. The heat wave could still be felt by Lexus, even though he had heat resistance. As if they were one entity, Lexus, who was allowing the Great Sage to control his body, was now completely focused on adjusting the temperature within the forge.

"Hoo. Hoo." He took short breaths. 

His arms were numb and his skin was hot, but he endured it. As he continues, his concentration increased.

[The Legendary Blacksmith's Patience skill has been activated. Concentration, stamina, and defense will rise to the extremes for one hour.]

Suddenly, the weariness in his body disappeared, and he felt refreshed. This was similar to the vigor he felt whenever he eat and drink. Lexus then pumps more air in the forge, using a tool at his feat and after a while, he pinches the magic steel with a special tool and thrusts it deep into the heart of the flames.

Sensing the right moment, he pulled the magic steel out of the forge and placed it on the anvil. The glowing red steel shimmered in his hand.

The smithing has officially began.

The impact of metal on metal sends a shock through the room. The forging has begun. Lexus hits the glowing material in red with his hammer as and a series of shorter, more precise strikes sends out a new chorus of echoes throughout the workshop.

He starts mixing strong hammer blows with short strikes, the rhythm of the echoes changing every moment. The material lengthens with the heavy impacts, the quick hits adjusts the shape.

It didn't take long for the hot object beneath him takes a new form. Showers of sparks fly, red beams of light flash. Flakes of burned metals are launched from the horn with every blow.

Sweat dripping down to his chin, Lexus raises his hammer again. Another round of echoes rings out. The workshop is drowned in a fierce melody of metals.

Ttang! Ttang!

This was in harmony with the hammer! It was a moment when he felt stability and contentment.

[The Legendary Blacksmith's Breath has increased the effectiveness of your production items]

[Legendary Blacksmith's Breath Lv.1]

[When you are concentrating on making an item, the will of Pagma's Successor will fill the production item.

All stats of a production item will increase by 5%.

There is a rare chance of giving special features to your production items.] 

"Whoa...!"

Lexus was impressed seeing a dark red blade in front of him.