chapter six

can't even look at myself

min ivy

"come on... pick up... pick up..." i mumble to myself, leaning against hara's car. after what felt like an eternity, she picked up.

"ivy? are you okay?" i could tell she was walking to a quieter place, the music from the party getting quieter as she moves.

"i need to go home." i tell her, not really wanting to give her all the details over the phone.

"did something happen?" she asks, voice now filled with worry.

"yes, physically i'm fine. but... i just need to go." i didn't want her to worry too much, but i needed out of here. i would be happy if i never saw minho or jisung ever again.

"o-okay, give me five minutes, i'll meet you at the car." i hear a girl whine in the background, i knew she was likely with the girl from the club. i felt bad.

"actually... i can walk, you stay."

"ivy no, you can't walk alone-"

"i won't..." i lie.

"who's gonna walk with you?" she questions.

"naomi, remember i told you i'd find her." i fake a laugh.

"right, just text me when you get home, okay?"

"i will."

"be safe."

"i will."

"love you, ivy."

"love you more, hara." and with that, we end the call. a loud sigh escaping my lips. i reach down, pulling the heels off of my feet, holding them securely in my hand as i began the walk home. the pavement cold under my feet, but i couldn't care less, i just wanted to go home and forget the entire last week. i never thought i would be wishing for school to start.

the street quickly became quiet, the sound from the party only a distant echo at this point. i was exhausted mentally, and pretty disgusted with myself. i had completely ruined a probably perfectly good relationship in just two nights.

but how perfect could it have been if jisung was willing to sleep with me? but i came onto him first, he was only reciprocating. and why hadn't minho been more angry after learning what his boyfriend did? but who knows what he did once i left... after all, he did call jisung his ex boyfriend.

"hey, i know you." a familiar voice suddenly speaks from beside of me, causing me to jump and nearly fall over. but the person grabbed my arm, holding me steady on my feet. "sorry, i didn't mean to scare you. you were pretty lost in thought." he chuckles.

"chan?" i look over to him, taking in his appearance. his once curly hair was now straightened and styled, but he still wore a tight fitted black shirt, along with a pair of jeans.

"i knew i recognized you! you're the girl that left with jisung! i don't think i ever got your name..." he looks to the side, as if he were trying to remember if i ever gave him my name. would it even be a good idea to give it to him now? he knows minho, and minho knows my name, and chan knows i slept with jisung. this was becoming far too messy for my liking.