chapter eleven

impossible to deny

min ivy

"so you're done for sure?" hara questions, sitting criss-cross beside me on our couch. the both of us in our pajamas, wearing cute face masks.

"i think so. there just seems to be too much history with them, and i get it, but i don't want to be in the middle of it." i shrug, unwrapping a piece of candy and popping it into my mouth. "i'm sure there's plenty other people who aren't still in love with their ex." i joke.

"maybe you should go for chan. he was hot too." she shrugs.

"it's probably best to stay out of that friend group." i laugh.

"that's fair. i feel like i'm reading this whole garam situation wrong." she changes the subject to her love life.

"did she give you a reason as to why she couldn't come over?" i ask.

"she seemed to like... panic? when i asked her, and then she said she had a lot of homework." hara picks up a piece of candy for herself.

"homework? on the first day back?" i furrow my eyebrows.

"that's exactly what i was thinking. i don't think she's actually into me." she frowns.

"hey, maybe she's just nervous." i comfort, reaching forward to place my hand over hers.

"she wasn't nervous when she was eye-fucking me in anatomy." she rolls her eyes.

"maybe inviting her over was too forward?" i suggest.

"you told me to!"

"maybe you shouldn't take advice from someone who slept with a couple in the span of a few days." i shrug with a laugh. she groans.

"at least you didn't fuck them at the same time. it could be worse."

"i guess so." suddenly, my phone begins the ring, jisung's contact lighting up the screen. i look up at hara wide-eyed. she nods encouragingly.

"answer it! put it on speaker!" she urges.

"okay, just be quiet." i tell her, she pretends to zip her lips closed. once i was sure she wouldn't talk, i answer the call, putting it on speaker so that she could hear as well.

"hello?" i start the conversation.

"hey... i talked to minho." hara and i wait for him to say more, but he doesn't.

"okay..."

"he told me what you said, and... you're partially right." he admits. my eyes widen, as do hara's. she quietly slaps my leg, urging me to ask him to explain.

"partially?" i question.

"we don't have feelings for each other. but, i guess i do feel uneasy about him watching me move on. it's not that i don't want to hurt his feelings, cause he wouldn't be hurt by me moving on. i guess it's just a little bit awkward. you're the first person i've really taken interest in since him." he explains. i look up at hara, wanting to see her opinion. to me, it still sounded like unsettled feelings. but the look on hara's face said otherwise, she looked as if she understood what he meant.