chapter twenty-five

don't put the blame on me

min ivy

i groan, quickly rolling over to turn off my alarm. i had barely gotten any sleep, my mind racing thinking about all of the possible ways i could apologize to jisung. only, none of them seemed good enough. i didn't know what minho told him, i didn't even know if the real explanation would make anything better. i eventually just passed out from pure exhaustion, wanting the day to just be over. it felt like my eyes had only been closed for a minute until my alarm went off.

i lazily drag myself out of bed, heading straight to my bathroom for a quick shower. once i was out, i style my hair, and throw on a comfy outfit. just a pair of sweat pants and a hoodie. i didn't have the energy to try to put effort into the outfit. i head downstairs, grabbing a bottle of water from the fridge, along with everything i needed for class.

"morning, ivy. you doing okay?" hara questions, grabbing her car keys off the table.

"i'm alright." i shrug, stuffing my hands into my pockets. she gives me an apologetic look as we head out the house together.

"look, maybe it's just time you move on. i mean, since you met jisung, it's been nothing but drama for you. i know you liked him, but i really don't think it'll work out." she reasons, placing her hand on my thigh as she drives us to campus.

"you're probably right. it's not like he'd take me back anyway." i reply sadly.

"you'll be okay. you're a catch, anyone would be lucky to have you. just, make sure they don't have a partner this time." she jokes, trying to lighten the mood. i was grateful for her, she always knew the right things to say.

"thanks for the advice." i joke back, laughing slightly.

"atta girl. you're gonna be just fine." she says proudly, pulling into a parking spot. "i'm going to meet garam before class, call me if you need anything." she leans over, pressing a quick kiss to my cheek. i groan, wiping it off as she chuckles, climbing out of the car. and with that, we go our separate ways. my feet lazily carrying me to the music building. i had already planned out how i was going to avoid minho.

"ivy." speak of the devil. i ignore him, continuing to walk as i pull open the door to the building. "ivy!" he calls again. just keep walking. i hear him groan in frustration. "ivy." he calls out, more sternly this time. keep walking, you're almost in the classroom. and then i feel his hand wrap around my arm, roughly pulling me into an empty classroom. before i had the chance to run out, he slams the door shut, blocking it with his body.

"move." i glare at him.

"no." he retorts, with just as much ferocity in his voice as mine. "you are a bitch, ivy."

"excuse me?" i furrow my brows, my glare darkening.

"you act like you're the only victim here, like everything only effects you. well guess what? i fucked up too."

"oh don't act like this isn't what you wanted. you got jisung all to yourself again." i scoff.

"are you stupid? he's mad at me too. and for the millionth time, i don't want him all to myself." he yells.

"you're the one who told him! all of this could have been avoided if you just kept your mouth shut!"

"all of it could have been avoided if you didn't come to my house asking me to fuck you!" he retorts.

"you agreed!"

"yeah, we both fucked up. he's pissed at both of us!"

"he'll forgive you before he forgives me."

"i want him to forgive both of us."

"why? so you can come up with another way to sabotage it again? is this how you get your entertainment?" i chuckle.

"you really think i get off on hurting my best friend?" he starts laughing. "are you really that dense?" his tone was laced with venom, but i wasn't backing down.

"i don't know, minho. it's just that every time things seem to be going good with jisung, there you are to fuck it all up."

"which one of us went to the other's house, begging them to have sex with them because they just couldn't stop thinking about it?"

"i-"

"you. you did that. and yes, i agreed. i agreed because you told me it would help you figure out if you could be with jisung. and you make jisung happy, so i wanted jisung to be happy. i wasn't thinking clearly, how could you expect me to think clearly when a hot girl is asking me to fuck her?"

"minho-"

"my point is, i'm not sabotaging you and jisung. i never have. we both made a stupid fucking decision, and we hurt him. and we need to fix it." he says, putting emphasis on the fact that what this wasn't a one person thing.

"but you-"

"and stop putting all of the blame on me. you know damn well you're just as much to blame. i don't care what you thought about me before, but you know me now. whether you believe it or not, deep down you know i'm not that kind of guy. so get off your high fucking horse, and help me fix this." his hands were now gripping my shoulders, he was staring into my eyes intently. he was hurting too. his best friend hates him and it's all because of me.

"i-i'm so sorry..." i felt tears stinging my eyes. he was right. i was acting like a total bitch, trying to blame him for everything when it couldn't all be pinned on him. minho's expression softens and he quickly wipes the tears off my cheek.

"ivy, it's fine. i get it, you're emotional and angry. we can talk this out later, we need to apologize to jisung first." he reassures me. i felt a little better knowing he wasn't holding a grudge on me despite his harsh words.

"w-what about class?" i question, noting how we were already late.

"jisung is locked in his apartment, crying in his room. i don't really care about class right now." i felt my heart break at his words. we really did hurt him.

"okay... let's go." i nod, minho sighing in relief. he pulls open the door to the empty classroom, wrapping his hand around my arm once again as he pulls me across campus to his car. "wait, what are we gonna tell him?" i question as we climb into his car.

"i have no idea. what made you finally decide to forgive him after he kissed me?" he asks, putting the keys in the ignition.

"i think when he stopped trying to excuse himself. when he just outright apologized, and admitted what he did was wrong." i explain, recalling how i felt when he finally took responsibility.

"okay, then we'll do that. no excuse, just tell him we were wrong. and that we're sorry." he nods, i could tell he was nervous. this was his best friend, i'm sure he hated the fact that jisung was mad at him.

"and if that doesn't work?" i ask, feeling nervous myself.

"let's... let's just hope it does." he gulps, his hand tightly gripping the steering wheel as he drives us to jisung's apartment.

let's hope so.