chapter twenty-one

ignore it

min ivy

"okay, what's your deal?" minho asks, roughly nudging me with his elbow.

"what do you mean?" i furrow my eyebrows, starting to work on the partner work assigned to us by the professor. but truthfully, i still didn't understand much about music, so i needed minho to focus.

"all week since the day before the party, you haven't fully looked at me. i mean, did i do something to make you uncomfortable?"

"what? no, of course not."

"then why can't you look at me?"

"i've been looking at you, you're just being dramatic." i roll my eyes.

"you're not even looking at me right now."

"because i'm trying to do the work."

"look at me."

"minho, i need your help-"

"look at me." i groan, slamming my pencil on the table, lifting my gaze to meet his.

"happy now?" i question, holding his gaze for a moment before picking my pencil back up, continuing to work.

"no. something's up."

"nothing is up, minho." i scoff.

"you know you can tell me if something is bothering you, right?"

"i appreciate it, but nothing is bothering me besides the fact that you won't help me with this worksheet." i slide the paper closer to him. "i mean, what the hell is a 'circle of fifths'?" minho snorts at my question.

"your date with jisung is tomorrow, right?" he asks, taking my pencil from my hand, scribbling answers down on the paper.

"it is." i sigh, placing my head in my hands.

"are you excited?"

"i am." i nod, a faint smile tugging at my lips.

"he's excited too." he tells me, finishing up the worksheet.

"how did you even get these answers." i groan, looking over the sheet. he chuckles.

"i explained this to you yesterday."

"yeah, well it's kind of hard to focus when you're..." i trail off, not wanting to finish that sentence, but unfortunately, minho caught on.

"when i'm what?"

"...such a b-bad teacher." i mentally curse myself for stuttering.

"you're a b-bad liar." minho retorts.

"i'm not lying, just didn't want to hurt your feelings." i quickly regain my composure.

"yeah whatever, i'll find out one day."

"there's nothing to find out." i shrug.