chapter seven

it gets worse

min ivy

"look who i brought!" chan happily exclaims, much to my protest. all of the men behind the bar turn around to look at me, this time there were only three of them, including chan. i recognized jisung, but not the other. i could tell that jisung instantly recognized me as well. guilt rushing through my body as i met his eyes.

the club was significantly less busy, probably due to the fact that it was sunday night. most people, including me, probably having work or school the next day. but luckily, being a college senior came with perks, not having to take eight a.m.'s, but also not having to take anything later than three. my first class started at noon, so i was fine to stay out a little late into the night, though this was not what i had planned.

"i was wondering if i'd ever see you again." jisung smiles flirtatiously as he walks up to me. i swallow the lump in my throat, trying my best to smile back.

"her name's ivy, by the way." chan tells him.

"a pretty name for a pretty girl." he flirts shamelessly. i doubt he knew i slept with his... whatever minho was to him, barely even an hour ago. "hey what's wrong? why are you..." he trails off, furrowing his brows. "you met minho." he concludes without me even saying anything. i look away, unable to meet his gaze. "oh you fucked minho." he adds, causing my eyes to widen in shock. how did he know so quickly?

"i didn't even know it was him until after... i mean i would have never if i'd known... i wouldn't have even gotten with you if i'd known-" he cuts my rambling short.

"i'm not upset." he chuckles.

"i tried to explain it to her." chan tells him, throwing his hands in the air defensively.

"hey, come sit, i'll make us some drinks and i'll explain everything." he cups my jaw sweetly in his hands. i couldn't help but melt into the gesture, especially paired with the sweet and luring tone of his voice. he was just so inviting.

"i really shouldn't drink anymore." i shake my head, not liking what tended to happen when alcohol got in my system.

"i'll make something light." he chuckles, leading me to a seat. he kept me behind the bar, pulling up another stool for himself, but not yet sitting in it. he moves behind me, placing his hand on my shoulders before moving his lips to my ear. shivers going down my body before he even spoke. "strawberry or pineapple?" he asks, gently squeezing my shoulders. i could practically hear the smirk on his lips.

"e-either is fine..." i stutter, gulping as he slides his hands down my body. the action catching me off guard, but i quickly realized he was only bent down to grab the things he needed to make the drinks. i quietly clear my throat, pushing away any impure thoughts.

"so first, i'm sorry about minho barging in on us the other day, he was in a mood." he says, placing two tall glasses, already filled with ice, on the bar table in front of us. "we didn't have sex after you left." he adds. pouring colorful liquid into the glasses.

"you called him your boyfriend." i tell him, watching carefully as he pours the alcohol into the glasses.

"i-i know... i kind of slipped up it's a little complicated. but he's not my boyfriend." he grabs two shakers from below him, placing them over the glasses before he picks them up, beginning to shake them.