chapter twenty-six

i think i've seen this before

min ivy

"you knock." minho nudges me. the two of us standing in front of jisung's door.

"i can't." i shake my head.

"me either." he mumbles.

"well what-" suddenly the door swings open. minho and i both jumping back in surprise. a man i didn't recognize looking at us with furrowed brows.

"changbin, is he-"

"he is. but i don't think he wants to see you." changbin says.

"i know, but we have to apologize." minho looks at changbin with pleading eyes.

"just... don't pressure him." changbin says, stepping to the side.

"i'm sorry we're meeting like this. i'm ivy." i introduce myself, remembering changbin as one of jisung's closest friends.

"you really hurt him."

"i know." i frown, changbin nods.

"well go on. fix this." he says, looking between minho and i. and with one final nod, minho and i enter the apartment, changbin leaving. jisung's familiar scent filling my nose, minho wastes no time heading towards his room, lightly knocking.

"changbin? i thought you were leaving." jisung calls from behind the door. my stomach twisting in knots at hearing his voice. he sounded sad.

"it's me, sungie..." minho replies, leaning his forehead against the door.

"go away, minho."

"you know i can't do that." my heart swelling with warmth at the interaction. it was clear minho cares a lot about jisung.

"jisung..." i take the opportunity to make my presence known as well.

"guys please... i can't right n-now." it was clear he started crying. minho tensing up, moving his hand to twist the doorknob to his room, but jisung had it locked. i walk up behind minho, placing my hand on his shoulder. he moves to the side, letting me get closer to the door.

"jisung, you don't have to say anything, just listen." i tell him. he doesn't respond, i look over to minho nodding.

"i'm sorry, jisung." minho starts.

"and i'm sorry." i add. "what we did was horrible. we shouldn't have done that to you."

"we never meant to hurt you. i'm sorry." minho repeats. radio silence. i know i told him to not talk, but a sound of acknowledgment would have been nice. "sungie come on, there's no excuse for what we did. but we're so fucking sorry..."

"we... we'll give you some space, jisung. but really, you have no idea how sorry we are. i hope you'll forgive us..." i grab minho's arm, attempting to pull him away from the door. but he doesn't budge.

"sungie..."

"minho, come on-"

"no. listen jisung. you have to forgive us. ivy forgave you for the same thing. it would be hypocritical of you to not forgive us." his tone became slightly more harsh.