chapter twelve 🔞

songs and sex

min ivy

i wasn't expecting jisung to take me back to his apartment, but considering it was above the club, it made sense. the atmosphere was much different from the first time i had been in his apartment, but the slight tension was there nonetheless. he quickly led me through his apartment, entering his room where he sat us at a desk. the desk had a few picture frames, one with him, chan, and another man i didn't recognize. and another of him and minho.

give him a fair chance...

i remind myself. so far the night had been going great, i didn't need to ruin it by overthinking, and convincing myself of something that likely wasn't even happening.

"so... what do we do?" i question, watching intently as jisung opens his laptop, pulling open a seemingly random file.

"chan and i came up with this beat the other day, but we have no lyrics to it." he explains, i quickly notice the file he was opening was an audio file.

"what is the song supposed to be about?" i was only ever good with writing if i was given a prompt to write about, so i had hoped he would at least give me that. he smiles at me, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.

"that is where you come in." he wiggles his eyebrows at me, pressing play on the audio file. "just listen, and let me know what you think the beat reminds you of, then we come up with lyrics." he explains, the beat beginning to fill the room.

i honestly don't know what i was expecting, but as the music played, the only thing it was reminding me of was sex. it had this sensual bass that swelled along with the jazz-like melody over top. there was definitely a lot more to the beat, but i was not very good with describing things when it came to music. and as the music slowly died out, still, sex was the only thing on my mind.

"well?" jisung asks, looking over to me hopefully.

"um... i'm not sure if i'm the best person for this." i chuckle half-heartedly, feeling slightly embarrassed to admit to him what the song reminded me of.

"oh come on, i'm sure you have something in mind." he encourages. his tone making me feel as if this was a safe space to truly say whatever was on my mind.

"don't make fun of me." i warn him, shooting him a playful glare. he chuckles, fully turning his body towards me, a playful expression on his face.

"i would never." he says with a smile. i take a deep breath.

"it reminds me of sex." i tell him rather bluntly, knowing that if i tried to beat around the bush, he would tease me. his eyebrows raised in shock for only a moment.

"really? i kind of thought so too, but i wasn't sure if that was just because i'm horny." he laughs, i felt a blush rising to my cheeks.

"it definitely has a bit of a sensual vibe..." i giggle, avoiding eye contact as the tension in the air seemed to thicken in only a few seconds.

"right, so lyrics?" he pulls out a piece of paper, laying a pen on top of it.

"i um... how do-"

"just think about... having sex, and whatever thoughts come into mind, write them down. we'll turn them into actual verses later, based on what we wrote." i didn't fail to notice the way his breathing seemed to pick up, his chest heaving slightly. i couldn't help but wonder if he picked this particular beat on purpose. but in all honestly, i didn't mind.