chapter sixteen

never gonna get it

min ivy

i groan internally as i approach the apartment door that minho instructed me to. of course, my clothes were not laying outside of his door, but what else was i expecting? i shake my head before knocking on the door, this didn't need to take any longer just because he wanted to be difficult.

"hey, ivy, you made it! come in." he steps to the side, smiling widely at me.

"can you just give me my clothes?" i cross my arms at him, not moving an inch.

"if you come in i can." he retorts.

"why? you wanna murder me or something?" i joke, still making no effort to move.

"stop being ridiculous. come in." i sigh, maybe i was being a little bit extra, letting this whole situation effect me a lot more than it should. so i walk in, not forgetting to shoot him a glare. but i instantly regretted it as i saw jisung, standing against the wall, smiling as he sees me. i go to leave, but minho quickly shuts the door, standing in front of it as if guarding it.

"minho-"

"ivy." jisung calls. but i don't turn around, now staring at minho with pleading eyes, hoping by some grace he'd let me out. but his expression remained solid, signs of remorse flickering in his eyes.

"just hear him out." minho looks at me cautiously, urging me to turn around. so reluctantly, i do. jisung looked sad, regretful even.

"you have five minutes before i start screaming and your neighbors call the cops." i hear minho chuckle behind me.

"listen, there's no excuse for what i did to you. and i'm sorry that i've been trying to excuse it this whole time." jisung starts. i was honestly caught off guard, i wasn't expecting him to actually take accountability. all he'd been doing is excusing himself, which was another big reason i found it so hard to even think about forgiving him. "i fucked up, and that's the end of it. and i really am sorry."

"glad you finally realized."

"i really like you ivy, i can't stop thinking about you-"

"or talking about you." minho adds with a chuckle, earning a glare from jisung.

"...and i know i don't really deserve it, but just give me one more chance... please." he takes a step closer to me, cautiously reaching out to grab my hand. i sigh, loving the way his hand felt in mine, his gentle touch reminding me of our nights together.

"you get one more chance jisung. that's it." my voice remained stern despite the fluttering of my heartbeat. was it a stupid decision? probably. but it couldn't get any worse, this time, i will expect disappointment. that way it won't hurt so bad when it all comes crashing down. because i knew it would, but god, i hoped by some grace that it wouldn't.

"i promise, you won't regret it." jisung smiles, lifting my hand to his lips, pressing a kiss to my knuckles. i couldn't help but blush at the cheesy gesture.

"i really have to go, i'm supposed to help hara set up a pool heater." i tell him, giving him an apologetic look.

"a pool heater? for what?" he questions with a chuckle.