chapter fourteen

it's not worth the pain

min ivy

my phone had been non-stop vibrating all day, and i was getting fed up. so i finally decide to look, the screen full of messages from jisung, and an unknown number i could only assume to be minho. with a groan, i open the string of messages from the unknown number.

xxx-xxx-xxxx

your clothes are in my
apartment, please come
get them so we can talk.

i know you're upset,
just let me explain.

jisung won't be here, it'll
just be us.

you're going to miss class.

ivy, come on don't be
like this.

you can't avoid class
forever. just come talk
to me.

my apartment is number
18, two floors below
jisung's. you can stop by
anytime.

what makes you think
i want to talk to you?

i didn't kiss him, ivy.

as if that makes it any
better.

i'm not explaining this
to you over text. if you
want to know, come to
my apartment.

you can throw away
the clothes. i'll buy new
ones.

goodbye, minho.

mute the conversation?

yes | no

-

i didn't even bother opening the string of messages from jisung. just muting his conversation as well and throwing my phone to the side. trying to focus on how hara would be home soon with my favorite food, and i would feel much better.

-

"he's ridiculous." hara rolls her eyes, as she reads over jisung's texts. she was curious, and i told her i didn't want to read them, but of course, i let her read them herself. "i don't go around kissing you when i get happy." i assumed her words had something to do with whatever excuse he was blowing up my phone with. but i wouldn't care if he genuinely slipped and fell onto minho's lips, i was done. "hey if you want i can go pick up your clothes from minho's." she suggests, i assume now reading over his messages.

"would you? that'd be great, that was like my favorite skirt." i chuckle, mouth full of my favorite food.

"of course, i'll give him a piece of my mind while i'm at it." she adds, shaking her head in annoyance. "i mean damn, if you still have feelings for someone, just admit it and stop trying to string other people along." she rants. i nod in agreement.

"that's what i've been saying this whole time. it's not a big deal that they like each other, they just need to leave other people out of it."

"exactly. this was just so much unnecessary drama, and now we still have to clean it up." she groans. "you know, i like both, but women are significantly better than men." she adds with a laugh.