chapter thirteen

was it even real

min ivy

i woke up feeling groggy, unsure of what time it was. i was now covered up by jisung's comforter, and wearing yet another oversized gray shirt. jisung was again no where to be found. i smile as the events of the night before fill my mind. stretching my limbs, i sit up in the bed, looking around the room at our discarded clothes. i slowly hop out of the bed, finding my underwear and pulling it on, though the gray shirt covered me, i didn't want to walk around with no underwear.

i heard a sound from outside of jisung's door, the smile still playing at my lips as i go to open the door, hoping we could have a small meal together before i left for class. i was already preparing to tell him how much i enjoyed last night, and that i was sorry for misjudging him and minho. by the way he treated me last night, there was just no way he had something for minho.

at least that's what i thought until i opened jisung's bedroom door.

he had minho pinned against the wall, his hands tightly gripping the older's shirt. minho's hands ghosting over jisung's hips. jisung was kissing him, with the same amount of desire he kissed me with the night before. i slap my hand over my mouth in surprise, causing jisung to jump away from minho at the sound, the two boys looking at me wide-eyed.

"shit." jisung curses.

"ivy." minho calls. i put my hand up, stopping them from talking.

"don't." i shake my head, walking back into jisung's room, grabbing my phone and purse off of his desk. but leaving everything else as the two boys quickly followed in after me.

"ivy, please listen." jisung begs, placing his hand on my shoulder. i instantly slap it off, glaring at him with disgust.

"don't touch me." i hiss. turning around to leave his apartment.

"ivy, come on." minho calls, i could tell he was right behind me.

"stop minho, you win. you can have him." i say, chuckling bitterly as i angrily swing the door open to jisung's apartment.

"ivy-"

"i said stop. i'm done." i point a finger at him, my tone stern as i glare at the two boys. both of them looking equally as regretful, but i didn't care. there was absolutely no reason i should give them another chance after this. minho sighs, backing away from me slightly. jisung then runs up, looking as if he was prepared to say more, but minho stops him. his gaze fixed on me as jisung looks up at him in confusion.

"let her go." he tells jisung.

"what? no, ivy-"

"goodbye, jisung." i say through gritted teeth, turning on my heels and leaving the apartment complex. i could hear jisung yelling in protest, but minho seemed to be holding him back. at least he could go one good thing for me, i guess. i roll my eyes, angrily huffing as i step out into the cold weather, becoming increasingly aware of my lack of clothes. but i was too angry to care.

my body filled with rage and disappointment as i made my way back to my own house. i can't believe i had gotten my hopes up like that, only for it to all come crashing down a few hours later. i knew better, i should have never let my guard down. i should have just listened to my gut.

-

"hey, how was your night with— woah, what's wrong?" hara questions, immediately taking in my angered appearance as i enter our house.

"i let my guard down, and it came back to bite me in the ass." i grumble.

"what? what happened?" she comes up to me, pulling me into a hug. her comforting hug made my anger dissipate, but it only turned into sadness, and i felt tears welling in my eyes as i hugged her back.

"he... he made me feel so special, and then i wake up to see him kissing minho, almost exactly like he was kissing me... i should have never— fuck..." i cry, i was mostly embarrassed i allowed them to play me when i knew it would happen all along.

"i'm so sorry, ivy. he seemed really genuine over the phone."

"it's not your fault... i'm so stupid, i should have just stuck to my gut."

"no ivy, you're not stupid. those guys are just assholes." she pulls away, wiping the tears from my face.

"i don't think i can go to class today... i don't want to face minho." i tell her, referring to the one class we had together, of course it happened to be one that we had every day of the week. just my luck.

"that's okay. you stay here and relax, i'll bring home some cajun chicken pasta." she says with a smile, my eyes lighting up at the mention of my favorite food.

"what would i do without you?" i smile at her, pulling her in for another hug. she chuckles.

"i love you too. now go get a shower and relax. if either of those douchebags try messaging you, you ignore them. i don't care how many sap stories they feed you." she says, pointing a finger at me, using her motherly tone.

"yes, mom." i chuckle.

"call me if you need anything." she says, grabbing her keys from the counter.

"i will, thank you, hara." she smiles, giving me one last wave before leaving me alone in our house. a wave of sadness coming over me once again. i just couldn't believe i allowed myself to be fooled like that. my phone was going crazy in my hand, i knew it was likely messages from jisung. i don't even bother to look, heading into my room, throwing my phone on my bed as i strip from jisung's shirt.

i head into my bathroom, reaching over to turn the shower on, quickly stepping in, allowing the warm water to rinse off every memory of the prior night. i chuckle bitterly to myself, noting how familiar this scene was. i grab my shower sponge, lathering it with soap before beginning to scrub my body down harshly. cleaning every inch of my body that jisung touched, wanting no memory of him on my skin. i was done, i had given him way too many chances, and i paid the price for it.

i hated that it effected me as much as it did, had i seen him kissing minho any other time before that sex, i wouldn't have cared. but after the way he talked to me, and the way he treated me, i was really convinced that minho wasn't in the picture. i was naive, i let pleasure cloud my thoughts. and in that moment, i vowed to never let that happen again.

i wasn't going to let this childish drama get in the way of my education. i will go to class tomorrow, i will face minho, and i will be fine. i won't talk to him about jisung, there was nothing to talk about. the pair obviously still like each other, and that was that. they can be together, there was no need for me to keep waiting around for them to either end it or not.

i am done.